Augusta suggestions from someone who has been way too much.

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Trey_IIV
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Augusta suggestions from someone who has been way too much.

Post by Trey_IIV » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:36 am

I live a mile from the course and have been every year since I was 12, so I want to use this thread to offer some ideas for improvements as I think of them. Some of the holes on the GL version seem much easier than they play in real life, and vice versa, so I thought I'd offer some ideas on the actual layout.

Trey_IIV
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hole 15

Post by Trey_IIV » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:40 am

Hole 15 plays much too easily compared to RL, imho. The drive is almost completely blind, but you can see the flag on the gl version. I think it may dogleft a bit more to the left as well. Also, just technical notes, its not a Rae's creek running by it, as seems to be depicted, but simply a pond.

In real life, the most common problems are a bad drive into the trees such that the player has to lay up in front of the water. Otherwise, the ball usually hits the green and runs off (its one of the fastest greens) and often times, the water may roll so far as to go in the water which is the 16th hole's fairway. Also, many times a drive is stuck, but its just under hole level on the greenn, and runs back. 80% of the time, this ball will roll into the water in front of the green.

And if you really want to have fun, sometimes turtles like to pop up on the bank of the little pond. I've just been waiting for someone to hit one.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:27 am

Congratulations on living so close to the real course, I would love to play there someday!

I'll take into consideration your suggestions, but I'm not sure when the course will be changed. While the course was based of Augusta it was never my intention of having a perfect replica, and my course maker and my time might be better spent making a new course and new replicas.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal