Hydrothermal for the iPad

Hydrothermal Feedback for the Mac and iPad
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jake
Site Admin

Hydrothermal for the iPad

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Liquid Defense is now available for the iPad. This is a port of the Mac version I wrote about six years ago, for about 80 hours of porting work it was definitely worth throwing on the iPad. Hydrothermal is a city simulator game where you create a space colony and ward off space invaders. You control every aspect of your city, from the basic layout to taxes and laws. I think the iPhone screen is too small to really play the game, so I didn't bother making a universal version. If the game does well enough the interface could be redone for the iPhone.

Feedback is welcome. If anyone has played GL Golf since the beginning they know that it has had over 60 feature adding updates over the years, most of which were suggested by users.

iTunes Link : Hydrothermal for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Screenshot :
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ensigh
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hydrothermal for the iPad

Post by ensigh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Unfortunately, it won't even open. No error messages, nothing. Two seconds, and back to the ipad's home screen. iOs 3.2.2.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Hum, did you try re-installing the app (delete then redownload) and restarting your iPad? I can't recreate the problem, sometimes these things happen though and usually a reinstall/restart fixes them
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ensigh
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ensigh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Nope. Same thing. Only now it takes little longer, maybe, 4-5 seconds (this, or I was misjudging earlier). And I'm not the only one - there is a review on the app page, and it is not me.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 am

Are you running OS 4.2? My only guess could be that the game is timing out launching because of background tasks. The game loads a bunch of things at the start, and maybe on my development iPad it starts fine but on other iPads it is just a second to slow. Maybe try closing all other apps from the multitasking bar and launching?

ensigh
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by ensigh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:41 pm

3.2.2. No multitasking. (wow for answering on a holiday and happy belated thanksgiving!)

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks, happy belated thanksgiving too!

Can you upgrade your OS to version 4.2 and try? I don't have access to 3.2.2 to test, but I think the upgrade should fix the issue. I'm also trying to get crash logs from Apple, but they need a certain threshold of similar crashes before they will report them to me.

aterdemens
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by aterdemens » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:49 am

Hi thanks for the reply Jake.
The problem is the splash screen loads for about 5 seconds & then closes.
I'm using os 3.2.2 as I have issues with 4.2 & until the patches are out I have to wait.

I read that some are using 3.2.2 & have no problems so I thought I'd buy Hydrothermal.
Will remove it & reinstall when I get time today & post results here.
Thanks
Ater

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks for the report. I wish Apple would release the crash reports so I could pinpoint the issue. I'm going to try to get my iPad to crash on the splash screen today so that I can fix the bug, maybe I can flash down to 3.2.2 to try because its been working on my 4.2 device.

aterdemens
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by aterdemens » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:23 am

Hi,
uninstalled, redownloaded, rebooted & tried again. Same problem.

From what I read if you install os 4.2 you can't revert back to a previous os.

Ater