"Execution Error: ?Ports to be blighted have different

Hydrothermal Feedback for the Mac and iPad
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
smitha96
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

"Execution Error: ?Ports to be blighted have different

Post by smitha96 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:18 am

"Execution Error: ?Ports to be blighted have different bitdepths"

This is the error message I get when trying to play and my only option is to click "quit".

Thanks for any help,
Alex

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

Hum... I haven't heard of this error before. Unfortunately Hydrothermal is programmed using an ancient BASIC language that is no longer supported, so it makes fixing the problem much harder.

So you can use the main menu but when you try to press the "play game" button you get the error immediately after pressing? What type of computer are you using, version of Mac OS X, and monitor(if its separate from the machine)? Are you registered or using the demo?

I have two possible ideas which may solve the problem, but I need to know that information first.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

smitha96
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by smitha96 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 am

I get the error message as soon as I open the game. My monitor goes black and then the error box comes up.

I'm using a mac pro 4x2.66ghz, 2gb ram, 2560x1600 resolution HP monitor with Leopard 10.5.1. I tried running it with a resolution of 800x600 and no luck...

Alex :-(

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:19 am

I think the 800x600 resolution is causing the problem, I'm guessing your giant HP monitor won't support it. Hydrothermal has some speed issues because its a PPC program written with a slow old language, so I had to drop the resolution in order to get the game to run at an acceptable speed.

I'll probably look into converting the game to 1024x768 sometime in the future, or try to find a workaround. Sorry about the problem :(
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

smitha96
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by smitha96 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:17 pm

Jake,
Looks like a cool game, I'll let you know if I get it working.

Alex