GL Golf and EL Capitan

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

GL Golf and EL Capitan

Post by voicebox » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:43 am

Hi Jake,
Is anyone else having problems with GL Golf after upgrading to OS X EL Capitan?
Since upgrading three days ago, my GL Golf game has started to randomly crash - especially in practice mode. I found that GL Golf was really stable under OS X Yosemite and I was just wondering if other EL Capitan users were experiencing 'crashing' bugs.
voicebox

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf and EL Capitan

Post by Jake » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:39 pm

I can confirm crashing in El Capitan, it should be fixed for the next update
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

funkyjudge
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by funkyjudge » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:25 am

I'm not experiencing any crashes. Running OS X El Capitan 10.11 on a late 2014 Mac Mini

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:18 am

Hi Jake,
Jake wrote:I can confirm crashing in El Capitan, it should be fixed for the next update
When can all us crashing victims expect the update - I for one am getting rather frustrated with crashing in 10.11
For instance, I was 'practicing' the Winding Meadows course yesterday (up and coming tournament and all that!) and I was have a rather good round, I was then called away and went to 'Save Game' - no problem. When I went to 'Resume Game', Winding Meadows opened up and guess what - it then crashed and I lost a potential good score - all rather vexing!!
I know GL Golf is only a computer game .... But never the less!!
All good wishes,
John.

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:27 am

Hi Jake,
A screen shot of Winding meadows opening up 5 mins' ago:
Best, John
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 09.22.11 copy.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 09.22.11 copy.png (213.93 KiB) Viewed 63524 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:03 pm

For now the issue can be fixed by quitting and reopening GL Golf between rounds. Hopefully early next month, the update is essentially done I just need to do some more testing and submit to Apple
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Jake wrote:For now the issue can be fixed by quitting and reopening GL Golf between rounds. Hopefully early next month, the update is essentially done I just need to do some more testing and submit to Apple
Thanks for the heads up Jake!

All good wishes,

John

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by walter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Gl Golf 2.5 has been crashing in El Capitan ( 10.11.1 ) when ever i want to change courses.

I wonder if the new apple store version resolves that ?

Today ( MON, NOV 9, 2015 ) submitted my request for the free promotional code.

OK received the free promotional code and some " terminal " instructions.

The apple store version works in El Capitan ( 10.11.1 ) for me.

This version seems to be snappier.

I also note that there are a plethora of course updates available for $$$$$ at the apple store although not so sure i want to spend money at this time.

Thanks Jake for continuing to upgrade GL Golf.
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:44 pm

The Apple Store version plays nicely with El Capitan for me.

My complaint is that when i launch the game Apple asks me to sign into their Game Centre which i do not want to do.

How do stop that or is it the once again stuck with Apple way or no way ???

The application itself should have a user preference to shut the Game Centre sign in ON or OFF.

Or is there a Game Centre preference for shutting the Game Centre sign on or off ?
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 am

There is currently no way to disable Game Center, but I'll add that option for the next version!

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:27 am

Now that i am playing the Apple Store version of GL Golf what happens to updates ?

I note that at the AStore there are 9 " updates ".

Numbers 4, 7, 8 and 9 look interesting however there does not appear to be much at the AStore to clarify what they mean or do to enhance GL Golf.

Could someone please clarify those for me.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:21 am

You'll be able to update through he App Store now. The other updates you see are most likely for other apps