Use of Mulligans

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
elriobob
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Use of Mulligans

Post by elriobob » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 pm

I have the iPad version. I bought a Mulligan 3-pack but, after the first hole or two, the Mulligan button grays out whether or not I use any mulligans. So I bought more. It now shows 12 available, but the button still grays out after a hole or two or after 2 or 3 mulligans if I take them intentionally as a test.

I did a search here and found references to setting preferences to unlimited mulligans, but I cannot find such a setting in the golf game or in system settings.

The paragraph under the button to purchase 3-packs of mulligans seems to say no more than 2 can be used per round. So, if you buy additional 3-packs that doesn't change? You still get only 2 per round?

I could use more to practice putting on slopes.

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Use of Mulligans

Post by Jake » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi, First sorry about the late reply, I was on vacation and could't get to this message.

With the mulligan pack, you should only ever be able to use two mulligans per round, regardless of how many you have in your inventory. This is to prevent someone using as many mulligans as they need to eagle+ every hole and submit a score of -30 or so. If you change from regular to practice mode before starting a round then you can use as many mulligans as you want without even having the mulligan pack, though no scores will be submitted to the best round list. Hopefully this helps,
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

elriobob
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by elriobob » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Jake wrote:Hi, First sorry about the late reply, I was on vacation and could't get to this message.

With the mulligan pack, you should only ever be able to use two mulligans per round, regardless of how many you have in your inventory. This is to prevent someone using as many mulligans as they need to eagle+ every hole and submit a score of -30 or so. If you change from regular to practice mode before starting a round then you can use as many mulligans as you want without even having the mulligan pack, though no scores will be submitted to the best round list. Hopefully this helps,
Ah, I hadn't noticed the practice mode option. Thanks!

OK, so what do you get by purchasing mulligan packs? I've purchased several.

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Each pack allows you to use two mulligans on three separate rounds. If you use 0-1 mulligan in a round you don't "consume" an extra mulligan, but if you play a round and use 2 mulligans it consumes one of them.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

elriobob
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by elriobob » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Jake wrote:Each pack allows you to use two mulligans on three separate rounds. If you use 0-1 mulligan in a round you don't "consume" an extra mulligan, but if you play a round and use 2 mulligans it consumes one of them.
OK, I understand. The "EXTRA" mulligan mentioned in the paragraph on the main screen comes from mulligan packs, right?

The practice mode is what I really wanted, a way to practice putting on some of the trickier greens. There are some where a near miss can result in a putt as long, or longer, and as tricky coming back. Nothing will ruin a good round like taking 6 or 7 putts on a green. :lol:

BTW, this is a great game and I've been enjoying it immensely.

Thanks.