iTunes glitch

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

iTunes glitch

Post by ryanoceros » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:15 am

Hello, I'm Ryanoceros

I rarely listen to music at all.
So when I play the game I select "iTunes Off", immediately.
Somehow, mysteriously, iTunes comes on all by itself... So, again, I select "iTunes Off". Five swings or so later, mysteriously, iTunes comes back on. Getting miffed, I select "iTunes Off" and proceed with the game.. 5 or so swings of the club later, iTunes comes back on... etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum. It is very distracting... not to mention infuriating while attempting to stay focused on the game.
... I have a suggestion for major improvement....
Remove iTunes completely from the game!
Let's face it, it is not only frustrating, and distracting, but it's completely redundant. If a person wants to listen to music while playing the game they can easily turn on iTunes separate from the game. There is no point for it to exist in-game at all. And since it is so very glitchy, just remove it until/unless you can work the bugs out.

If anyone has suggestions for dealing this problem, please let me know. I've tried everything short of deleting iTunes from my computer completely... and I've given serious consideration to that! .. it's either that or just not play the game... and I like the game other than the problem listed here.

Thanks,
Ryan

Jake
Site Admin

Re: iTunes glitch

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Ryan,

What version of Mac OS X and iTunes are you using, are you up to date? I haven't been able to recreate this problem and haven't heard anyone else having issues with it. Are you by chance pressing the M key on accident, that goes through the different music on/music off/itunes off modes. You may be able to set the iTunes volume to zero in iTunes while playing GL Golf. I'm not sure what could be causing iTunes to go crazy!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ryanoceros » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Jake,

Thanks for responding.
Yes, I am completely current. I have OSX 10.6.8, and iTunes 10.3.1.

That was my thinking too, at first anyway, that I must have simply hit the "M' key. So I payed extra close attention to what I was doing, and I'm definitely not hitting the 'M' key. So then I thought, maybe my 'M' key is sticking somehow. So I cleaned the keyboard, tested it out to make sure it isn't sticking. Still it happens. It seems to be completely random, just out of nowhere it comes on.

I have an idea though, maybe in the next update you can make the music key option a combination, like Command-M, or Option-M, rather than just one single key. That would at least make it unlikely for me or anyone else to accidentally turn on iTunes during the game.

Anyway, I appreciate the response.
... For now I'll just keep the volume set at 0, and deal with it.... although I will miss the applause for my awesome shots. :wink:

Ryan

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks for all the extra info. I wish I knew why it was doing that!

In iTunes can you set the volume slider to the lowest setting while keeping your system volume at the usual setting? That way even though iTunes is playing you won't be able to hear it, and you can still hear the GL Golf sound effects?
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by ryanoceros » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Good news, the latest update (2.34) seems to have solved the problem. So far no iTunes! Hurray!
Also, it solved another problem I was having. Every time I tried to play "Hardest Holes" the game crashed. But with the new update it works. :D
Thanks,
Ryan

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:22 pm

ryanoceros wrote:Good news, the latest update (2.34) seems to have solved the problem. So far no iTunes! Hurray!
Also, it solved another problem I was having. Every time I tried to play "Hardest Holes" the game crashed. But with the new update it works. :D
Thanks,
Ryan
Great, I have no idea what changed about iTunes in 2.34 but I'm glad it's working!