club distance?

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
williemyers
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

club distance?

Post by williemyers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 pm

h'lo all, first time here.
I'm pretty new to GL Golf. I'm really enjoying it, although I'd have to say that a (fair) bit more documentation would be helpful for the first-time user.
For example, when playing "expert" and I choose a club, say "1 Wood", and the window says "1 Wood - 300 yds", should I expect that, with absolutely no variables (wind, loft/punch, draw/fade, backspin, etc.), a strike that's "green-line" will result in the ball travelling 300 yds? I would think "yes", but I get some bothering variables, i.e. an 8-iron (170 yds), that goes 195 yds on a green-line hit?
any/all suggestions?
many thanks,
williemyers

Jake
Site Admin

Re: club distance?

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi, Welcome to the forum!

The club distances are the expected distance when hitting on flat ground down fairway with no wind, landing the power meter on the perfect spot where you get the Ding! sound with the explication point. Most of the estimates are fairly accurate, but there are so many variables that can effect distance. For example if you are shooting downhill and hit a bump on the green that shoots your ball forward you could easily add 25 extra yards. Just like real golf it will probably take some practice, but I'm sure you'll get use to the clubs soon.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

gpfw
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by gpfw » Mon May 03, 2010 11:22 pm

actually some of the holes are inaccurate even considering wind, et al, and either fall short or long. I find using the shift key can also be inaccurate, so it really is a matter of practice for particular holes.
williemyers wrote:h'lo all, first time here.
I'm pretty new to GL Golf. I'm really enjoying it, although I'd have to say that a (fair) bit more documentation would be helpful for the first-time user.
For example, when playing "expert" and I choose a club, say "1 Wood", and the window says "1 Wood - 300 yds", should I expect that, with absolutely no variables (wind, loft/punch, draw/fade, backspin, etc.), a strike that's "green-line" will result in the ball travelling 300 yds? I would think "yes", but I get some bothering variables, i.e. an 8-iron (170 yds), that goes 195 yds on a green-line hit?
any/all suggestions?
many thanks,
williemyers

JimL
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by JimL » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:04 pm

Playing two balls, as I often did in the off season at the club, I find that frequently I get more distance on a stroke stopped slightly before the sweet spot than when I hit the sweet spot and get a ping. Is this unusual? --Jim

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 pm

JimL wrote:Playing two balls, as I often did in the off season at the club, I find that frequently I get more distance on a stroke stopped slightly before the sweet spot than when I hit the sweet spot and get a ping. Is this unusual? --Jim
I'm not 100% sure, I think I have the game setup so that the ping gives the longest distance, but it could be off by just a slight amount. I've often needed a shot with 5 or so less yards and I try to stop the stroke just slightly after the sweet spot, which definitely gives a few less yards, never tried right before.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal