PLETHORA OF E-MAILS

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PLETHORA OF E-MAILS

Post by neilgbarclay » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 am

Jake, old sod:

I think your e-mail server has gone berzerk.

I have been receiving numerous e-mails regarding subjects that are very old - in addition, there are no "new" replies of any kind.

I did receive one e-mail re my last message, but still no posted response when I accessed this forum.

I don't mind, but how will I know when you send something that is relevant?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Legend Redivivus

Jake
Site Admin

Re: PLETHORA OF E-MAILS

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:22 am

Sorry about those, some spambot automatically registered for the forum and spammed 20+ threads. I guess the default spam protection isn't good enough and I'll have to find another way to stop these bots.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by neilgbarclay » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:19 pm

I don't exactly comprehend the cyber lingo, but do I understand that somebody did this deliberately?
I would hope not, but there are some nasty buggesr out there - I wonder if you'll hit the PC viruses when you accommodate Windows?

Meanwhile I didn't know that I was a thread. I've always thought of myself as a needler. (Just couldn't resist that one.)

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:04 am

Someone wrote a robot that automatically goes out and does this to thousands of websites :(. Hopefully I can stay away from Windows for a while, I'm enjoying Mac OS X and the iPhone right now!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero

Post by neilgbarclay » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:24 am

Hello Jake,

Good grief, what will the devils think of next? I've never heard of a robot - sounds like a virus that homes in only on Website operators. :evil: I know I'd sure hate to have my old e-mails sailing out to those I've sent them to in the past. It's hard to fathom the mind that can pull such a stunt. I suppose it makes them feel clever. I guess a guy with the IQ of a low-grade moron has to occupy himself somehow. Maybe they could be taught the fine art of auto-eroticism directed at slobs.

I can't help but think accommodating Windows would be inviting trouble. Robots, apparently don't discriminate.

I'm glad you're thinking of expanding the "replay." Actually, I wouldn't be guided by such at all (no two shots being the same), but there are times when I wonder "how in blazes did I do that!" Just a matter of satisfying curiosity.

I think the worried Newbie would find that he would not be "playing-by-the-numbers" any more than he already is.

Good luck with the robot problem. I haven't had any trouble since I notified you, so what you've already done is probably working.