DONE GOT THE JITTERS

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DONE GOT THE JITTERS

Post by neilgbarclay » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:46 am

Help Jake!

I thought to leave you in peace for a minute or two, but:

For some reason unbeknownst to maybe all but you, all movements on the courses I play jitter, or if you prefer, stutter. It's like the application suddenly developed palsy.

I can live with this, but it is annoying.

What do you think is going on? (It happened once before - back when I don't remember).

All I know is it ain't my eyeballs.

Now, I did raise those things I asked you about (antialiasing and anisotropic filtering), and it started around then. I set them back down to "none" and it still happens. Besides, as I said, it happened once before.

Any suggestions, astute or otherwise?

Jake
Site Admin

Re: DONE GOT THE JITTERS

Post by Jake » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 am

Do you have any other programs running that could be using too many computer resources? Are you sure FSAA is set to 1, and Anisotropic Filtering is set back to 1? Did you make the window too big (I seem to remember you having a 24" screen). I'm not really sure what is causing the stuttering if you changed all of those settings back, I didn't change anything in the code that should really make it stutter.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by neilgbarclay » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Yes, Jake, you were right - I had made the screen huge. Reducing it made the whole game smoother.

When I changed from a 15" screen to a 24" I had just left the size of the game the same, i.e., filling the screen.

As it happens, I found I was also cutting off the left part of the course.

An inveterate cyber game player would probably have known what the problem was, but that I am not.

Thanks for the lesson.

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero

Post by neilgbarclay » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:38 am

My God !!! Who, the hell is "Buy Dofus Kamas?" I don't think that even in modern English courses one could encounter such gibberish. If I even thought I could write like that I'd commit harakiri first.

From now on any gibberish I might utter must be construed as eminently sane.

I empathize with what you must put up with: way beyond that of which yours truly is capable.

If I provoke such balderdash by my comparatively innocent queries, you have my utmost sympathy. I shall attempt to be more coherent in the future.
Happy New Year.