CAN WINTER BE FAR BEHIND?

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CAN WINTER BE FAR BEHIND?

Post by neilgbarclay » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:16 am

Regarding "Hardest Holes coming soon":

What is your definition of soon, old sod?

You begin to sound like a proctologists waiting room. Pun intended.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:59 am

The Hardest Holes course came out in May, check out the best rounds for it at http://nuclearnova.com/highscores.php . What version of GL Golf are you running? The "coming soon" part was removed, unless I put it in two places and forgot one (If so let me know what version you have and where to look and I'll remove it for 2.16)
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Barclay-Version History

Post by neilgbarclay » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:00 am

Okay, I am running version 2.12 for Mac - up through Beauregard. In gray print, at the top of the window, I am told a new version is available, but the "Download Update" is gray also, and will not open. I believe I have two more courses (one more after Hardest Holes), which still says "coming soon."
I can open "Hardest Holes coming soon" and get a variety of holes, but they certainly aren't the hardest ones. So what am I getting?

Uh, do I have 19 or 20 courses?

When 2.16 arrives, how will I Download it?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:14 am

Go ahead and try [deleted] , it should get you the latest version (2.15).

Somehow around 2.11-2.13 the hardest holes menu option suddenly started working on some computers even though it wasn't done. At the time I had placeholder levels in it, but now they are filled with the correct holes.

I'm pretty sure you have all of the current courses except the newest one, although you may actually have access to that one (I'm not sure off the top of my head)
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero

Barclay-Version History addendum

Post by neilgbarclay » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:05 am

Mr. Jake,

I did as you suggested (except downloaded fullgolf.dmg) and now have all updates, including Hardest Holes and Ravenswood.

Questions: how did I miss updates 2.13 and 2.14? When an update becomes available, how do I know and where do I go to find it - my Version History update facility seems to be not working.

Also, when I go into Version History it shows only up to 2.14 although the download read 2.15. According to my Version History, then, I don't have Ravenswood, but it is there and playable.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:13 am

I didn't send out an email for 2.13 and had major trouble sending out emails for 2.14 (most people didn't get their email but I didn't want to send it out again because some people would have gotten it twice), but I will continue to send out emails for 2.16 and on.

The game should automatically check for updates and notify you, I'm not sure why it is doing that unless maybe you turned off the internet option or if you're not on the internet. At startup the game normally checks this URL http://nuclearnova.com/glgolf/Update.txt for a new version. I'm really confused on why your version history says 2.14, because even if 2.15 fails to get the information off my site it should still have the 2.15 information!

If you want to make sure you get notifications you can always sign up for the beta program, there is a stickied thread at the top of this forum.