NEW COURSE COMMENTS

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEW COURSE COMMENTS

Post by neilgbarclay » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:07 am

Again,Jocko me boyo, there's a problem with the rating on this course.

It should be a 2. Why? The greens are among the more difficult. Half of them I don't even try to putt, but use the pitching wedge. A contrast is the "Isle South" course where the greens are a snap, mostly.

Also, I agree, there's a little problem with, like, no spin. (To me it doesn't make sense to cause an eratic shot if one uses "4" or "5". If you're going to do that, just make the highest spin a "3" and be done with it).

I like the guiding arrow when the "c" key is pressed (or when the hole opens). Some would argue that it makes the course too easy, but, look, on a real course the golfer can walk about and examin this and that aspect in detail. We can't do that in the game, and this addition compensates. It should be added to all the other courses for that reason.

Now, I am under the impression that I have signed up for 18 courses - is that correct (the $12+ package). The only problem is, I'm of an age that I may never collect on all of them if this is the case. C'est la vie! And do I have to register again?

In sum this new course is really more interesting to play than about four or five of the extant 2-rated ones, or even one or two of the 3-rated. Again, those really rather tricky greens. (For the record: I hate greens that are domes!!!)

One question - I get weird white "shadows" on a few holes when I hit that "c" key ???

All in all, a nice addition. Just don't make it a "1". Quite frankly, there's no golf course in existence that is that easy. I've seen driving ranges that aren't that easy. You might change the overall rating system to read from 2-or-3 to 7-or-10.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 am

You might be right about the 2 rating, after playing the course several times I find that I cannot one-put all of the hole and often have to waste my mulligan to correct a put. I'll consider changing it.

I might tone down the amount of randomness on a 4/5 spin, but I like the idea of the ball going wild if you try to spin it too much.

I'm glad you like the guiding arrow, it took forever to get it to look half way decent, but I think I'm finally happy with it. It should be added to all of the courses, I'm not sure if you mean it isn't working on some of them?

I sent you an email about the registration, can you send me an email with a screenshot (command-shift-3) of the white shadows, or post here what hole number it happens on?
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable