Great Version 2.08

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Great Version 2.08

Post by Sapphie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:47 am

Jake

Love the new 'season' option for all courses - it's like we have a complete new set of courses to play!

Lee

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks Lee, I'm working on a Spring and Fall season right now for the next two updates! Not only does the look change but the ball behavior changes too, so it might be advantageous to play certain courses in certain seasons. I'm thinking courses like Isle West would be good in the winter so you have less water hazards, and long courses would be best in the fall with hard fast bouncy grass.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sapphie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:52 am

I was going to 'jokingly' ask if you could make a Fall season that would have leaves floating down onto the green from the trees etc!

I thought you might take it seriously, but looks like you alrady have this in hand!

Any way to change a season mid way through a course?

Does the season chosen affect the difficulty of the game?

Lee

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:12 am

Initially the seasons won't be as detailed as I would like, but I setup the code to make it very easy to modify the seasons and add things such as snow-covered trees, falling leaves, ect. You cannot change the difficulty midway through a course to prevent people from changing every other hole to make the game much easier. I think that the seasons will make the game slightly easier because because the courses have certain styles of play, and the seasons will be able to help out each of those styles in one way or another.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Sapphie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 am

I was going to ask if you could dump some snow onto some of the trees in Winter and then maybe have some of it fall off if a ball hits a tree!

Lee