[Mac] GL Golf Beta Program

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf Beta Program

Post by Jake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Beta 2.29 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here

Added a new 18 hole course, Long Shot, for subscription pack owners
Added fairway and green in regulation stats to the main menu
Added a new deciduous tree model
Added * to replica courses in main menu
Entering serial numbers is now easier
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GL Golf Beta Program 2.29

Post by pb2au » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:16 pm

I played a round. Without quitting GL Golf I clicked on "Play Golf" for a 2nd round. When the first hole appeared ALL of the text was missing. No wind speed (the arrow was there), no hole information (distance, par, etc., no club information, and after sinking the putt there was no score (eagle, par, etc.).
I quit and relaunched the application and everything looked normal again.
I had to quit there; I didn't have time to explore more.
More later...
--d@ve

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by walter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 pm

In my tee-of Long Shot Hole 10 : how do i got myself , my clubs and my caddy ( :mrgreen: ) on that island that is surrounded by water ?

The new deciduous tree's in Long Shot is a nice touch although for me i've never seen deciduous trees like that albeit i don't travel the world to play the many different golf courses.

( Jake: please don't take my comments as a criticism of what you have done it is just my observation of playing at your virtual world of Long Shot course where ever it may be or modeled upon )
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:30 pm

I have noticed that happening occasionally, I think it was a change to the OS at some point, I need to investigate further and find a workaround.

Quick note, blue tees on hole 3 are broken, but I fixed it for the final version (try this beta and you can hit 375+ yard drives!)
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

On the 8th hole my approach was short of green. I was presented with a wedge and there were no grid lines on the green, but the pin disappeared.
--d@ve

Sam Ples
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Sam Ples » Sat May 08, 2010 12:52 am

On the 11th hole of San Jacinto the right most tree in front of the green was missing when I hit my tee shot but mysteriously appeared while the ball was in flight (and hit the tree). I had noticed this behavior earlier but wasn't sure but this time I noticed it was missing before I hit the ball. If I replay the shot the behavior is the same, tree is missing but appears when the ball hits it. If I press C for an overview the tree is missing.

Vince

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Sat May 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Vince,

I'm wondering if the phenomenon you described happened after you Resumed a round. I also have had this happen to me, but I don't recall the course let alone the hole. I am confident, however, that it has happened on more than one course, and on more than one hole. I'm also confident that it has happened only after Resuming a round. When some of the older courses were modified fairly recently I noticed some of the trees were missing and it took me a while to trust that their disappearance was intentional and not another case of "the phantom trees."

I'm glad you documented the course & hole, Vince; I'll try to the same, if the phenomenon recurs.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun May 09, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks for the info, this should be useful in trying to track down the bug

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:48 am

Beta 2.31 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here

Added a new 18 hole course, Hammond Heights, for subscription pack owners
Added a glow in the dark ball for night and morning mode
Fixed a bug that made clicking certain menu items difficult
Greens under regulation on par 4's no longer count as a missed fairway
4 minor bugs fixed

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 pm

I don't know if this is important, but when I used the link in your post version 2.30, not 2.31, downloaded.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 pm

pb2au wrote:I don't know if this is important, but when I used the link in your post version 2.30, not 2.31, downloaded.
Definitely important, I uploaded to the wrong directory. Should be fixed now, thanks!

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Hammond Heights looks like a good, challenging course that make the player think, and rewards a "pure" shot.
On 17 I did experience a "ghost" tree. The large pine that protects the corner of the fairway disappeared until I tried to hit through it. It happened to me once in practice mode. I don't know if it will happen again, or how frequently. When it disappeared it was gone from the overhead view ("b") also.
Looks like a great course.
--d@ve

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:30 am

Would love to try your course number 30 but i need to buy some more courses.

It appears that it is time for me to buy another course update because you have according to the registration window 30 but my paid subscription is only good for 29 ?

Is there any way that you could pre-notify when our "paid for" courses has ended so that it at least gives a heads up when a new subscription is due?

Also is there any way you could actually number the courses so that when I select a course to play it not only provides the name b ut also the number in the series?

Also how can i go directly from the registration window to your store to purchase the update ?
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi Walter,

You can register at http://nuclearnova.com/register.php , just select the GL Golf Subscription Pack.
I'll look into seeing if my credit card processors can send a reminder for the subscription 11.5 months after purchasing, as well as numbering the courses in the main menu

pb2au, I wasn't able to find the ghost tree, but I'll keep an eye out for it on the next few practice rounds.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Got your email, responding to it now

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Hammond Heights: hole two: could not get past the second shot and had to club my way up the hill inch by inch.

Nice variety of trees.

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi Walter,
Regarding your suggestion to have a heads up when a new subscription is due:

If you click on "GL Golf" (next to the apple in the menu bar) and choose "About GL Golf," there is a message just above "Close This Screen" in the lower right corner. This message on my computer reads, "Thanks for registering the GL Golf Combo Pack. There are currently 30 courses and you can play all of them up to (buy not including) number 33" This should help you know when it's time to renew your subscription.
--d@ve

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:29 pm

On hole 2 of Hammond Heights if you hit a 3-wood with a loft of 3 (and no wind) from the tee, some strange things happen. Not that you would ever hit that club from there, but a miss-hit might put you in the same situation.
--d@ve

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:03 am

pb2au wrote:Hi Walter,
Regarding your suggestion to have a heads up when a new subscription is due:

If you click on "GL Golf" (next to the apple in the menu bar) and choose "About GL Golf," there is a message just above "Close This Screen" in the lower right corner. This message on my computer reads, "Thanks for registering the GL Golf Combo Pack. There are currently 30 courses and you can play all of them up to (buy not including) number 33" This should help you know when it's time to renew your subscription.

Yes i see that except i NEVER go into that area first before starting to select a course and so i did not know until i wanted to play the last course "Hammond" that my subscription run out. Jake should either number the courses or have an "auto" updater like so many applications have these days that would tell me that a new subscription is available. I'm sure that Jake can solve that.

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 am

pb2au wrote:On hole 2 of Hammond Heights if you hit a 3-wood with a loft of 3 (and no wind) from the tee, some strange things happen. Not that you would ever hit that club from there, but a miss-hit might put you in the same situation.

Thanks, i appreciate the tip/suggestion.