[Mac] GL Golf Beta Program

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf Beta Program

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:42 am

Thanks guys, I'll fix hole 2 for the final release. It is just a little bit too deep to get out of and may frustrate users
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by walter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:58 am

Glad to read that it was not just my lousy golfing. :D

Jake perhaps you toss in a ladder for that ( those ) holes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Beta 2.32 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here.

This release isn't 100% complete, but I want to get it out as soon as possible. Please not that
* Hole 5 should not be 638 yards
* Hole 14 will be easier with a 300 yard 1-wood
* There is no description/difficulty rating on the new course

Added a new 18 hole course, TPC Sawgrass, for subscription pack owners
Added tree reflections to the water on the highest quality graphics mode
Fixed resuming games during tournaments
Fall water is less brown
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Re: [Mac] GL Golf Beta Program

Post by Jake » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Beta 2.33 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here.

Added a new 18 hole course, Iron Bear Country Club, for subscription pack owners
Added ball reflections to the water on the highest quality graphics mode
Added the Macbook Air's native resolution of 1366x768
Fixed a bug where fog could disappear when save/resuming and entering/exiting fullscreen mode

Sam Ples
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sam Ples » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:34 pm

I can only access the demo course. Clicking Play Golf on any other course does nothing.

Vince

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Does nothing? No message? Anyone else having any luck?

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

The same thing happened to me. I entered my golf code and I could play everything. All my preferences needed to be reset.
--d@ve

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Almost everything with the new course seems to be OK, so far. My Round History and Local Scores disappeared. At first the Practice option was disabled for all courses, but I jumped around testing things and it suddenly became functional. I can't tell you the sequence. The fog bug seems fixed.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm

For some reason the preferences sometimes reset with new versions. I know the fix, but unfortunately it will make everyone lose their preferences once. I'll probably just leave everything as it is now rather than guarantee everyone losing their preferences.

Nice score, I think this course has some potentially low scores for the tournament, though the blue tees are more challenging than the whites.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks for the help beta testing guys, I was able to figure out the issue. It was related to me trying to salvage PowerPC support even though Apple is abandoning it with the new XCode developer tools.

Anyway, the new beta is up at the same URL and should work like the old versions now.

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Sapphie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Jake

This one doesn't even run at all on my iMac ...

Lee

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 am

Sapphie wrote:Jake

This one doesn't even run at all on my iMac ...

Lee
This is what beta testing is for, thanks! Try this new one, that last one was incompatible with Mac OS 10.5

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 pm

The blue tees are definitely more challenging. The score shot by "--" is from the blue tees. I entered "--d@ve_blue_Ts," but it came up "--" for some reason. Maybe the player name was too long.
--d@ve

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Sapphie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Jake

Only issue this time was on hole 12, at the beginning, where pressing 'C' didn't show anything other a blue screen ...

I lost again, but only by one point!

Lee

kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by kjb723369051 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Jake,

I cannot open the new course on my IMac 10.4.11.

Thanks, Karen

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Rats, I didn't realize that! I just tried all of the compilers I have from Apple, even using their old XCode3 instead of XCode4, and none are compatible with 10.4 anymore, they all error out. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to change the minimum version it to 10.5+

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 pm

About the blue screen, I'll get that in version 2.34, thanks for the notification

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:40 pm

I said before that I lost my prefs and all of my local history when I opened 2.33. I just opened 2.32 and it's all there. Is there a way to preserve this when the final 2.33 is released?
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Try downloading the most recent version, it should preserve all of your original history

mceroo
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by mceroo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm not sure what the problem is but every since the latest upgrade, the golf ball goes into a flat octanglular shape after the first hole. How do I keep it looking like a regular golf ball? I have a MacBook Pro.