Aiming cone

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hack
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Aiming cone

Post by Hack » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:07 am

I'd like to play without the aiming cone on the club.( I'm sure it would raise the difficulty alot, maybe just in pro mode. Also, ( in pro mode ),what about minimizing the swing power box?(Remove excess info,music info,hidden info(elavation etc.)?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:54 am

Good Idea, both of those should be optional and for the pro mode there shouldn't be a cone. I'll add these to version 2.07 or 2.08.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Jake
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by AndrewD » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:39 am

Hang on a moment Jake! Before you go deliberately making pro mode harder, shouldn't you sort out the highscores first? Lots of game features have made GLGolf harder (eg making the hole smaller) but this is the first change to pro mode I can think of where you propose to remove an existing aid? I'm worried that this would make ALL courses much harder in Pro mode and therefore ALL the scores unachievable.

For a long time now, there have been courses (especially the older ones) where it's impossible to get the highscores using a recent version of the game. Isn't it time to archive the scores as a "hall of fame", and create a parallel leaderboard for, say, 2.10 onwards? For me, the game would lose its draw without the possibility of getting on the board! This solution would allow older golfers to point to their achievements in the hall of fame but still keep the interest going for the newer versions of GLGolf.

AndrewD

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:31 pm

Good point Andrew! I've had a parallel highscore list for new scores on my list for a while now, and I think I'm going to implement it this next patch. I'm not sure how long scores will stay on it, maybe 3,6, or 12 months? It will have to be long enough that the scores fill up, but not too long that changes in GL Golf affect the ability to reach first place.

Thanks for the suggestions, GL Golf would be a totally different game without them!

Jake
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal