GL Golf Tips/Strategies

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jack Clark
Nuclear Nova Regular
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GL Golf Tips/Strategies

Post by Jack Clark » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 pm

voicebox wrote:Hi there Jack Clark,
Regarding the double-eagle on the 10th at San Jacinto which you 'stumbled across', perhaps you might share your good fortune and knowhow, I can only manage an eagle on that hole by hitting sideways with a 3 iron with 2 degrees of loft, 3 of draw and 5 of backspin in a gap between the trees. On the other hand, is it not against the rules of golf to hit sideways off the tee??

voicebox
Hi, voicebox-

Well, I can tell you that with no wind, this has worked every time so far. [But see EDIT, below.] And while this doesn't work every time because of the wind, it worked the first two times I tried it with very little wind. And even when it doesn't, I get a tap in eagle almost every time. In any case, I'll never be able to resist trying this--even in wind--because this is the funnest shot I've attempted so far.

So, on the par 4 No. 10 at San Jacinto, going for a double-eagle ace: I use a three iron, like you do, but there the similarity ends. I put on maximum punch (deloft) and nothing else. With no wind, I aim dead for the pin, which I can barely see between the tree trunks. [EDIT: Actually, a little to the right of the pin, it seems now.] The shot goes under the trees, rolls up onto the green, and comes consistently close, if it doesn't drop. With no wind, I've been getting it every time. [EDIT: Almost every time.] Even with 1-3 mph, I've got a good change at it. (Jake, did you plan this hole to be played this way?) With 6 mph wind, you've got to be really careful, and it may not be worth trying this. I think your over-the-top shot would probably be better then.

Have fun with this, voicebox.

EDIT: Well, I think I must have jinxed myself by writing the above, because I've had a hard time acing this hole ever since. Seems now that with no wind I need to aim a little right now. But I haven't been hitting the sweet spot in the Power Bar lately, either.

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Re: GL Golf Tips/Strategies/Isle West

Post by voicebox » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:24 am

Hi there,
Am I alone in wanting to know how _Doc and d@ve are able to post scores of -40 and -39 respectively in playing the Isle West course? I thought I was doing exceptionally well when I got to -29 today, although on the other hand if I had not given away a couple of holes to par, then I too would have broken the magical -30 score! But mid to late -30's - wow!
So, you high scoring guys, -Doc, d@ve, alain, rainbow, Mister _G, et al - it is time to come clean, what is the secret, where are the short cuts? And don't just tell me it is practice, that excuse just doesn't wash any more!
As always, best wishes for happy golfing,
voicebox

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf Tips/Strategies/Isle West

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 am

voicebox wrote:Hi there,
Am I alone in wanting to know how _Doc and d@ve are able to post scores of -40 and -39 respectively in playing the Isle West course? I thought I was doing exceptionally well when I got to -29 today, although on the other hand if I had not given away a couple of holes to par, then I too would have broken the magical -30 score! But mid to late -30's - wow!
So, you high scoring guys, -Doc, d@ve, alain, rainbow, Mister _G, et al - it is time to come clean, what is the secret, where are the short cuts? And don't just tell me it is practice, that excuse just doesn't wash any more!
As always, best wishes for happy golfing,
voicebox
The days of -40 will soon be over, I just edited the hole pars and it is now a par 64. I don't know what I was thinking when I gave each hole a par rating, I guess it was before I really understood golf! I also fixed a few unfair spots which makes it maybe a half stroke easier overall
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

elriobob
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by elriobob » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 pm

I have the GL Golf app for iPad2. So, how DO you change clubs? I only get text showing which club has been chosen for me according to the distance in the upper right portion of the screen. I have looked everywhere for an option to change clubs and have not found one.

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:16 pm

You just drag up and down on the screen to change clubs, and left/right to aim. Let me know if that still doesn't work
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

elriobob
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by elriobob » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Jake wrote:You just drag up and down on the screen to change clubs, and left/right to aim. Let me know if that still doesn't work
Yes, I found it before my question was allowed to post. Thanks.