markers and club choices

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

markers and club choices

Post by neilgbarclay » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:38 am

There are three markers - red white and blue: what do they signify?

I am the duffer's duffer. What club can you use at what power to get under trees. My experience, lo over 40 years ago, tells me that anything under a 5 iron is a fairly flat shot. This seems not to be the case in this game.

It's a hellofalot of fun, nevertheless.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:41 pm

Red is the 100 yard marker, while is the 150 yard marker, and blue is the 200 yard marker. They are not 100% exact , but they are normally within a couple of yards of what they represent.

I normally use a low iron or a wood to get out a the trees. You might be right about my irons being a little high, but the 2-4 irons should be much lower than the 7-9 irons. I wouldn't recommend trying to go through trees that often, normally its pretty hard to get under them without hitting them!

Thanks for the questions, I'm glad your enjoying GL Golf!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Answer to duffer's questions

Post by neilgbarclay » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:57 pm

Thanks for the answer regarding markers and club choices for trees. If you can't lower the 4-1 irons, maybe you could raise some of the trees.

Meanwhile, I will "maneuver," as Whittaker Chambers said.

Altogether, a great game and I'm looking forward to updates (mainly raising or eliminating tree foliage, lowering tall grass, making all greens completely flat, sending winds over water that carry the balls to the greens, and all those other things I know golfers dream about when they aren't having nightmares about today's miserable round. Then we can go play a safe, boring game of checkers.)