Specific Hole Bugs

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jake
Site Admin

Specific Hole Bugs

Post by Jake » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:20 am

Please post any bugs about holes here and I'll try to update them ASAP (these bugs are NORMALLY either very easy to solve or unable to be solved with the current golf engine).
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Trey_IIV
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

augusta 8 (new bug, not the same one)

Post by Trey_IIV » Tue May 01, 2007 10:01 pm

pan to the left on the tee shot. theres a flying tree. (it scares the shiat out of me, creepy flying trees :P)

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed May 02, 2007 9:56 am

Your right! I'll fix that for 2.02 (2.01 is coming out today)
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Trey_IIV
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Emerald Greens - Hole 16

Post by Trey_IIV » Fri May 04, 2007 12:00 am

make your first shot to the left, as the ball comes in for a landing, the weeds/grass stuff is floating. once the ball sticks, its fine, but its odd on the approach.

Trey_IIV
Nuclear Nova Member

GL Classic - Hole 12

Post by Trey_IIV » Fri May 04, 2007 11:06 pm

More floating grass, even after the ball lands. on the left in the rough between the two ponds.

Sam Ples
Nuclear Nova Member

Moroccan Links Hole 1

Post by Sam Ples » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:39 pm

After landing a long iron shot for an eagle I pressed R for a replay and the replayed shot misses the hole. When the ball stops it is at the 6 o'clock position (from the cup) 1 foot away, but when the putter appears, the ball moves to the 3 o'clock position, 2 feet from the cup. I guess the moral is, don't admire your shots too much.

Vince

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:24 pm

Vince,

What version of GL Golf are you running? In version 2.03 much of the code was re-written to make sure the instant replay would do exactly the same thing as the previous shot. I thought I fixed all of the problems from 2.02, but I guess there is a chance I missed something.

I'll keep looking for replay bugs to fix, I normally use the reply often while I'm testing new versions.

Sorry about the glitch on your round of golf!

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Several minor hole bugs

Post by AndrewD » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 am

GL Classic Hole 3: In the left rough 100 yards from pin, some floating grass.

GLClassic Hole 12: In the left rough 200 yards from the pin, club buried up to handle. With extreme wind against I have even had the ball pitch in the rough 100 yards from the pin and roll back "downhill" to here! HINT: this is the best line to the pin, avoiding the hazards... ;-)

Rocky Grove, Holes 12 & 13: At the tee, flying grass at "eye-level"

Rocky Grove, Holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 14, 16 & 17: Lots of floating grass around the tee.

Isle West Hole 12: Floating grass in front of tee

Rattlesnake Hole 15: The ball appears to be perched on a "point" at the tee.

That's enough for now, hope some of these are fixable.

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

And another

Post by AndrewD » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:59 am

Isle West Hole 10: the side of the island closest to the hole (by the 100-150 yard markers) extends into the water! This is very useful because you can get a good lie closer to the pin but really ought to be fixed.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Wow, thats a good list of holes! Just last weekend I actually redid the code that places the grass, and the initial results are good! I'll go through this list for 2.05 and clean up what I can.

Lots of work for 2.05! So far I've done several things, but most have taken lots of time and resulted in an improvement that isn't always noticeable.

sanmarcos
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by sanmarcos » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:35 pm

N/A
Last edited by sanmarcos on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks for the images!

1a. Not sure whats going on there, I'll try to recreate it
1b. I'll try to fix that little bug where the ball is under the ground
1c. Same as 1b
1d . Working as intended
2. Same as 1d
3. I'll try to touch up that hole, its been giving me troubles since the beginning.

Jake

sanmarcos
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by sanmarcos » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:22 am

N/A
Last edited by sanmarcos on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks for those pictures. Unfortunately this bug affects many transitions between water and other surfaces, and is only a problem with the high quality mode. If you switch back to Medium quality (which you probably won't want to!), the edges are more distinct.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but It does look bad and need fixed, so I'll try to look into it sometime.

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Jake, you did really well fixing all the floating grass, but I found another big area:

Winding Meadows Hole 9 - 300yds from the tee, to the right of the fairway.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:14 pm

Thanks, it looks like the ball floats there too! I'll fix that for 2.09 with some other holes, 2.08 is being finished any day now.

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:55 am

More floating grass: Winding Meadows Hole 1, right behind the green.

St Andrews Jubilee - all holes, every yardage marker is white (but correct on mini-map)

St Andrews Jubilee Hole 14 - no yardage markers at all! Think I have spotted this elsewhere but forgotten which courses.

Isle West Hole 2 - Yardage markers off in a silly direction, don't look to scale either.

Isle West Hole 10 - Yardage markers back to front, would also be more logical oriented towards right-hand island. Oriented towards tee, you're usually (unless lucky in striking a tree and landing with a shot to the hole!) hitting a single shot, so know the yardage.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks for the bugs, most should be easy fixes!

I'm going to change the method which the yard markers are colored so that they each receive their own texture, and will always look the right color.

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:17 am

I've just realised that the white yardage markers issue only affects medium render quality mode, which I'd selected by accident. Though I actually like it - it's much more precise until you fix that issue with the ball appearing to be in a water hazard when it's not!

I've also noticed a lot more holes (especially the last 4 courses) where there are no yardage markers. I'll wait until after 2.09 to report these.

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:16 am

I've just reproduced the bug where the ball appears on the green (even in medium quality render mode where the division is clear) but the flag is still in. The clue is that the power bar shows as if you were hitting from the rough.