Using Mac OS X Version 10.3.6

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gardeningartist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Using Mac OS X Version 10.3.6

Post by gardeningartist » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:06 am

Hi,

I am enjoying your game! You have worked hard on it.

Just wanted to let you know the glitches I am having...

-Sometimes when I post my score, the game crashes
-Still getting the double windows of text
-Like someone else mentioned, the ball sometimes bounces all over the place without any reason for it.
-I need a way to erase the high scores of strangers so my family can just enjoy competing with each other and seeing their own advancements.
-Is there any way to turn off the negative talking feature, and still enjoy the golf sounds?

That's about it. Thanks for listening.
Take care,
Liz

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:42 am

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it because thats what helps me make the game better.

-About the highscore, I am not sure why it crashes but I am going to look into that
-I am clueless about this one, but I will try to figure it out because it occasionally happens to me too. How often does it happen for you, and are they the same window?
-This is most likely to the wind problem, I actually just made an update at http://nuclearnova.com/glgolftest.sit if you want to try it (If the links down just go to http://nuclearnova.com/glgolf.sit because I did update it
-At first everyone wanted a online highscore list, and now everyone wants a local highscore list, so I will have to do both - I will add this to the next release
-What exactly do you mean by negative talking feature, do you mean in the laughing if you get worse than a bogy or the actual text inside the window? Sure, I can make an option for that.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

gardeningartist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by gardeningartist » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:23 pm

Hi Jake

I am enjoying playing your game. You have clearly put much effort into this.

-About the highscore, I am not sure why it crashes but I am going to look into that

Okee Dokee

-I am clueless about this one, but I will try to figure it out because it occasionally happens to me too. How often does it happen for you, and are they the same window?

For me, the double text windows seem to happen after i have played the first game...almost like the code needs to have a small adjustment to only let one text box be allowed at a time. It seems to want to generate a second box, and sometimes a third.

-This is most likely to the wind problem, I actually just made an update at http://nuclearnova.com/glgolftest.sit if you want to try it (If the links down just go to http://nuclearnova.com/glgolf.sit because I did update it

I just downloaded the update last night and played for a while before I wrote to you. For me, I didn't have the bouncing ball problem with your previous version. The action I am talking about is when a ball is gently tapped onto the green, it can sometimes just make a u turn and just go bouncing off in a totally different direction. This would make sense on a long drive, but not on a little chip shot.

-At first everyone wanted a online highscore list, and now everyone wants a local highscore list, so I will have to do both - I will add this to the next release

Cool. I will really look forward to having this feature. Since I am not much of an online gamer, I really don't feel the need to do better than people I don't even know. I Would like to do better than my husband, though (grin)

-What exactly do you mean by negative talking feature, do you mean in the laughing if you get worse than a bogy or the actual text inside the window? Sure, I can make an option for that.

I just love your golf action sounds. Very well done. It adds so much to the game. I don't mind the negative text very much, but the audio laughter is bothersome. My husband and I love watching golf on tv, and like the classiness and respect they show one another even when they are playing poorly. One hears a lot of profanity also (grin) but it is said by the player who hit the ball.

Thanks for listening to me, Jake. Good luck with your next update.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:03 pm

I just changed the test link to be the default, I think the problem is fixed. Thanks for the other feedback, I will be working on fixing them constantly, I like to get a update to GL Golf out about every 2-4 weeks.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal