Bugs

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anony1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bugs

Post by anony1 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:26 am

I played the demo a few times and it seems like the previous version was more stable. I played the new one with four players (cool feature BTW) and after sinking all the balls, it kept coming back to player one with invisible balls in different spots on the same green. Even after holing the invisible ball, it would come back to another and another. I had to quit in order to exit the hole. Also, sometimes 3-5 extra "OK" boxes came up after making a putt.

It is fun when it works though. Fix some of the bugs and I think it's worth the $.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:37 pm

Thanks for the input!

I fixed the multiple dialog box problem, I have an update almost finished with LOTS of small bug fixes. I noticed that version 1.2 seamed a little unpolished, so that is what this next fix is working on. I have played 2-3 player games multiple times, and I did not encounter this bug, I need to find a panther system to test it on.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

gardeningartist
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

the invisible ball

Post by gardeningartist » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:45 am

I just purchased the game this evening and with 4 players, the bug of repeating invisible balls is there for me also. I can't find anyway to get out of it except to force quit the game which is kind of a bummer. I will be glad to see this bug fixed.

Take care,
gardeningartist

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:42 am

Thanks for the bug report, I just played a 3 player game last week and it worked fine for me, I will have to try a 4 player game tonight and get that fixed asap! Email me and I can let you know when I fix it (jake@nuclaernova.com)
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

pbv

Internet high scores

Post by pbv » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:44 pm

Howdy. I posted a couple of classic course and Breaker's Point high scores yesterday, but today my 58 and 57 at Breaker's Point do not register.

Not sure what other useful info I can provide. [/b]

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Internet high scores

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:20 am

pbv wrote:Howdy. I posted a couple of classic course and Breaker's Point high scores yesterday, but today my 58 and 57 at Breaker's Point do not register.

Not sure what other useful info I can provide. [/b]
Hi PBV. I noticed your highscores, good job! I am almost positive this is a server problem, because I was chatting with another programmer. Basically for some reason it takes a long time to log into the FTP server, when it should only take a second or two, so it could be timing out. Also, you are not closing and opening the highscores right after you finish, because if you do that too fast it could overwrite your scores. I trust that you did get those scores, so I will manually add them. Let me know if this continues and I will find a new FTP method for uploading the scores.

pbv

Post by pbv » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:21 pm

Thanks, Jake. In my vanity I did take a screenshot of the 57 scorecard when I started noticing problems.

SomeGuyNamedDan

Re: Bugs

Post by SomeGuyNamedDan » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:38 pm

anony1 wrote:I played the new one with four players (cool feature BTW) and after sinking all the balls, it kept coming back to player one with invisible balls in different spots...
I'd prefer that to player one having visible balls.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :P