Disc Golf! the fastest growing sport on planet

Disc Golf 3D Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DiscGolfer82
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Disc Golf! the fastest growing sport on planet

Post by DiscGolfer82 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am

Hey everyone! Im sure you have all heard, by now, the sport that is sweeping the nation!? DISC GOLF, and the mac needs a cool disc golf game. I would love to see the GL golf platform converted to disc golf! All you need is baskets instead of holes, and a couple more trees! please consider a disc golf game! PC has disc golf flight sim, mac has nothing!

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Disc Golf! the fastest growing sport on planet

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 am

Not a bad idea! I've just recently gotten into DG in real life, I love the sport. It would be great to have several different discs with different flight characteristics, and of course the basket.

I may wait until the sequel to GL Golf is finished, and use that engine instead of the GL Golf engine. Or I may get impatient and start on it sometime soon, who knows. Thanks for the suggestion
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

DiscGolfer82
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DiscGolfer82 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:57 pm

No way? You sound very familiar with disc golf, that is very cool! I was afraid it was a horrible suggestion. I wouldn't be surprised if one the the major disc manufacturer wouldn't want to put there name on it, too. How about a touch screen ipad app version? Run with it, it is time! I have been thinking a lot about a game like this since innova released one in 2001(ish), and I have this great idea for a new spin/angle/power meter. Also, you should check some competition out, www.discflightsim.com. a Windows only version, with innova and lots of wild terrain.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Definitely will be released for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod, though probably not for any other device. I may contact Innova or some company, I think it would be mutually beneficial with cross-promotion.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

DiscGolfer82
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by DiscGolfer82 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

DuDE, Totally Awesome! Super stoked you have been this interested in the idea and the sport of disc golf. So I just decided to buy an iPad a couple months ago, and periodically search "disc golf" in the app store(always disappointed), and then came across the newest member of your GL golf series and vaguely remembered that post.

I totally want to help promote your app on the disc golf community sites I am currently active on...discgolfersr.us, discgolfcoursereview.com, and our local forum- teamUtahdiscgolf.com.

Keep up the good work, I have been having a lot of fun with your app!

DiscGolfer82
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by DiscGolfer82 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 pm

P.S. When do we get access to the Disc Golf 3D Forum page??

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread from two years ago! I've moved it to the disc golf forum, located here - viewforum.php?f=28

Great, I'd love to have help promoting it! I'm actually on vacation right now, so the timing of the release was not as good as I would have liked for promotion. I made posts on a couple of disc golf sites but I don't know them all yet.

I'm excited to have this game out, definitely reading the feedback I get to make 1.03 better (1.02 is a bug-fix update on the way)

DiscGolfer82
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by DiscGolfer82 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

I have been posting on discgolfersr.us, discgolfcoursereview.com, discgolfscene.com, and my local utah disc golf forum. Lets get this game hyped up! :D