Nova Links Course Problem

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nova Links Course Problem

Post by Pfalizio » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Jake,

I downloaded the latest version from Apple. The Nova Links course is bugged. As soon as you sink a putt on the first hol, the ball jumps back out of the hole! It doesn't matter how softly you hit the putt, the ball still pops out of the hole. This is crazy! Please look into it. I am still playing on an I-Pad mini. Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Nova Links Course Problem

Post by Jake » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Does this happen every time? I just grabbed my iPad mini and played a few holes on that course and couldn't recreate the bug. Does it happen on the other courses? Try quitting all apps and restarting your iPad first, maybe sometime is using too many resources in the background
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Pfalizio » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Jake,

Somehow the course gets corrupted after playing the first two qualifying tournaments. I have plenty of memory space available and am not running other programs. There is a flaw somewhere in the program causing it to overwrite the course data somehow. I have had to totally delete this application four times. Each time I of course lose all my progress and start from scratch. I have more patience than most people but this is just too aggravating. You would need to play through the career mode until you get to the third tournament in order to see the problem. How much memory does your I-Pad have? Mine has 16 GB.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks for the extra information. I will see if I can recreate the issue, I do most of my testing on an iPad 3 so sometimes bugs that don't show up on it show up on slower devices and I miss them. Hopefully I can get this fixed soon
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Pfalizio » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 am

Jake,

What's the status of the bug fix?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

Version 1.112, which addressed other issues, was released last night. See if it helps, it was submitted before I read this thread so it may not take care of it.

I wasn't able to find the root cause yesterday, but I do think I found a workaround

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Pfalizio » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Jake,

I was able to play the first round of the three round tournament without problems. In the second round all went well until the tenth hole. At that point the problem of the ball popping out of the hole returned. If you have a workaround I'd like to see it. Either that or make a permanent fix. Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Looking into this now, I have had one other report on the same hole/pin location. I just sent an Disc Golf 3D update out, so a Nova Golf one may be ready to follow soon