Cannot resume game

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cannot resume game

Post by Pfalizio » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:51 pm

I have a saved tournament. I completed the first round and saved the game. When I try to resume my game it just crashes. I have tried rebooting my I-pad but it did not help. There was an update to the Apple IOS yesterday. But I played afterward with no trouble. What should I do? I don't want to delete the application for fear I will lose my progress and the upgraded clubs. Please help! Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Cannot resume game

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi, I'm looking into the issue as we speak. Did you save the round during the second round of the tournament? You can't do anything else from the main menu now except attempt to resume the tournament right? Did you have iCloud backup enabled by chance, that may be able to save any progress if the game has become corrupted
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Pfalizio » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:01 pm

I did save during the second round. I do not have the I-Cloud backup enabled. What should I do next?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

I''m looking into seeing if I can find the bug and get an update, because I won't be able to fix it from here otherwise. If you delete/reinstall it will fix the game but you'll lose progress since you're not backed up on iCloud, so that's up to you if you want to start over. Sorry about this issue, I'm still not sure what it is
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Pfalizio » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:37 pm

I deleted the game and was able to start again from scratch. I completed the third tournament. After that I could not get into Career mode. As soon as I try Career mode the game crashes. At your suggestion I turned on the ICloud option within the game. Can you help me recover? I do not want to delete the game and start from square one sine the crashing bug seems likely to repeat itself. Please help!

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Pfalizio » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 pm

I have a bit more information. I can get into Practice mode. If I choose either of the first two courses, I can practice. If I choose the Nova Desert course, the game crashes. I hope this helps de-bug the program.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:28 am

Thanks for the additional information. I can't recreate on my phone but I do have access to some other devices. Which model iPad and what version of iOS are you running on it so I can try to recreate later today or tomorrow morning?

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Pfalizio » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:15 am

I am using an I-Pad mini running IOS 7.1.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:30 am

Thanks, I have had one other user confirm this same bug. I'll test things out on an iPad mini today and get up an update sent to Apple ASAP!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Just fixed the issue and submitted to Apple, keep an eye out for an update!

Pfalizio
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Pfalizio » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Jake, I haven't seen the update. Do you know when Apple will release it?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Should be ready soon, my most recent updates have taken ~4-6 days to make it through