Can't get past the 2nd round of the Barnyard Blaster tourney

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can't get past the 2nd round of the Barnyard Blaster tourney

Post by Deano » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Jake,

All of a sudden, I seem to be having a problem with the Barnyard Blaster Tournament. I have 8 different profiles, and played the full tournament cycle with the first three profiles.

My fourth profile, however, successfully played round 1 of the Barnyard tournament (at -12), but I've had to play round 2 now three times and each time it looks like it saves, but when I start Nova Golf back up the next day or a few hours later, it sets me up to play round 2 again. It didn't save any of the other round 2s I played.

Not saving a tournament round has happened before but very sporadically. But for my Profile 4, it's now the norm. (My Profile 4 is also my best player, with 50s for all the major categories, except spin. I hardly ever add spin points because you can't control spin.)

Any thoughts as to why?

I have an iMac running OS X 10.7.4

Thanks...Deano

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Can't get past the 2nd round of the Barnyard Blaster tou

Post by Jake » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 am

Thanks for the detailed information!

The only thing I can really think of is corrupted permissions in Mac OS X. When this happens the system can't write to the preference file, so even though you finish the round it isn't successfully saved.

It also could be a bug on my end. Especially if other things are consistently saving. If you'd like to help by sending me your preference file I can give you some more instructions, they may be semi-technical, let me know

Also, you're running the latest version of Nova Golf right? The version in October may fix this as I did some career mode saving modifications, but I'm not sure.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Deano » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Jake,

After I posted that, I tried again and things seemed to go fine. Go figure.

On the fourth try at the 2nd round, it saved the score. It was also the best of the four tries at round 2, so that was nice.

Was wondering if maybe the fact that the profile has 50-50-50-50 for the first four skill categories and 33 for spin and that I wasn't adding any more points to any skill had something to do with it. I added a spin point after the fourth try and that time the round saved.

For round 3 I also added a spin point and the profile saved that round as well.

Went on to finish the tournament at -36. I do OK usually, but not that well normally. :-)

I can send you the preferences file, but if it's working now, that might not show anything.

Let me know.

Dean

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm glad it's working now! Sounds like it was the preferences if the spin wasn't saving. Nice result on the tournament!

Actually don't bother sending me the file, it's more of a computer specific issue if it's the file permissions.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal