Game Center not quite right?

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Game Center not quite right?

Post by mwmosser » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi all -

Enjoying Nova Golf here very much. I've completed my career mode (and have played 150 rounds) but Game Center doesn't seem to recognize it. Nor does it recognize my 65/135 sand saves.

Any ideas how to get it fixed?

Thanks!

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Game Center not quite right?

Post by Jake » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Are you on a Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod? Which exact model and OS version too?
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mwmosser » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:07 pm

hi Jake -

I'm running Nova Golf on a 2010 Mac Mini, 2.0 Ghz/8GB RAM/Mountain Lion.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 am

Hum strange. Is it just those two achievements that aren't being recognized, or is it all of them? How about the online leaderboards?
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by mwmosser » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 am

I have a feeling it is because my main profile name and my Game Center account are not the same. Game Center wasn't active on the Mac desktop when I set up my profile. After I finished career mode with Profile 1, I created a second profile, and this time used the name that just happened to be the same as my Game Center account (whizzo). It looks like that is the one that Game Center is picking up. It looks like the scores that are showing up in Game Center are those of my secondary profile, and not my main one. Which is a shame, because my Profile 1 golfer is WAY better :)

I'm 2 events from completing career mode on Profile 2.

mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by mwmosser » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 am

On a different topic, one other cry of outrage:

Hole #8 on Nova Links, green tee, cup position C. DIABOLICAL - the hole is cut at the top of that rise and it's impossible to get it up there close enough to stop. It rolls back beyond where you start, 90% of the time, even with Nova Red balls. I understand this differentiates between good and great putters, but dang. That's brutal!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:47 pm

That hole has been fixed, 1.04 is under review by Apple and should hopefully be approved soon.

Strange with Game Center, it shouldn't matter what the career name is.

mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by mwmosser » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks on the note re: the hole. As for Game Center, I just have to get better with my second profile....

Keep up the good work, and thanks again.

M