Future Updates?

Pinball Massacre and Pinball Shuffle feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
medianotzu
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Future Updates?

Post by medianotzu » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Are there any plans to update Pinball Massacre?

I ask because, while I am tempted to buy the game to play on my iPod Touch 4th Generation, I noticed a few things from playing the lite version that I personally feel are pretty big shortcomings for playing the game perhaps particularly on this device.

1. The image seems oddly stretched, as though the native resolution is clearly not the same as the resolution on my iPod. It seems like the ball and table are stretched vertically. It's really distracting to me.

2. The camera view is zoomed in and follows the ball. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me but I greatly prefer a static table view. I realize the table might be too long to do this, but a few other camera options would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps a view with minimal vertical scrolling would be possible. Including a landscape view option would be even better.

3. The plunger being active in taking up input space all the time seems kind of unnecessary and annoying. Why not just make that active when you need to use the plunger and let the left/right hemispheres of the screen control the left/right flippers the rest of the time?

Frankly, although the physics and scoring mechanics seem pretty well realized in this game, I cannot see myself playing it enough to warrant a purchase at this point. I don't care about the price, honestly, I have happily paid $20 for Last Gladiators for example, so a good pinball table is worth the price to me. I am just hoping you guys have something planned to make this game more enticing because I do love a good digital pinball table.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Future Updates?

Post by Jake » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Yes, we've actually programmed most of the update and should have it submitted to Apple in a week or two.

1/2. We are experimenting with additional camera views, I can see if adjusting the rendering aspect ratio helps. The moving camera has already been improved to be further out and show more of the table and is a nice improvement for gameplay. No current plans for landscape mode since pinball tables are taller than wide usually, but we haven't tried it on an iOS device yet

3. Great idea and easy to add!

Thanks for the advice. We're learning as we go, the second table is 70% finished now and while we're working on that we've added several improvements to the 1.01 update for Pinball Massacre.

I know you don't mind price, just game quality, but we did just lower it to $2 for this week!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

medianotzu
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by medianotzu » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Jake wrote:Yes, we've actually programmed most of the update and should have it submitted to Apple in a week or two.

1/2. We are experimenting with additional camera views, I can see if adjusting the rendering aspect ratio helps. The moving camera has already been improved to be further out and show more of the table and is a nice improvement for gameplay. No current plans for landscape mode since pinball tables are taller than wide usually, but we haven't tried it on an iOS device yet

3. Great idea and easy to add!

Thanks for the advice. We're learning as we go, the second table is 70% finished now and while we're working on that we've added several improvements to the 1.01 update for Pinball Massacre.

I know you don't mind price, just game quality, but we did just lower it to $2 for this week!
Hi Jake, thanks for your reply. Given that you are experimenting with some of the things I mentioned and obviously open to suggestions from your customer base, I will go ahead and pick the game up just to show support. I really hope the adjusting of the rendering aspect ratio makes the display image seem more natural.

It will be interesting to see what theme your next table has.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 pm

medianotzu wrote: Hi Jake, thanks for your reply. Given that you are experimenting with some of the things I mentioned and obviously open to suggestions from your customer base, I will go ahead and pick the game up just to show support. I really hope the adjusting of the rendering aspect ratio makes the display image seem more natural.

It will be interesting to see what theme your next table has.
Thanks for your support! About half of the improvements we make are suggestions, one of the benefits of a small company like ours is we can easily communicate directly with our customers. Hopefully you enjoy the next patch when it is released
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal