Save do not work anymore

ASCII Art + Video ASCII Art feedback
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jochen
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Save do not work anymore

Post by Jochen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:38 am

Hi there,
I use ASCII Art Version 1.10 (4) on a MAC (OS X El CApitan 10.11.6). I use ASCII Art in irregular intervals to generate images. It worked very well until last week. I generated a TIF and after that saving didn't work anymore. Have it tried a few times - without success. Restarts have not helped either. Then I installed the App on a other MAC (same system) . There it worked once. Then the same thing ... the dialog to save the file opens, I can name the file, click SAVE and the ... nothing. I habe to quit ASCII Art with a "forced" quit. Does anyone know the problem. Can someone help me? Thanks Jochen

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Save do not work anymore

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:08 am

I'll check it out later tonight. 90% sure it's a sandbox/permission issue that popped up in one of the Mac OS updates since it worked before, they're usually easy to fix so we'll get something working. For now can you copy/paste from the preview window?
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi Jochen, I just tried and was able to save to my desktop, where I have read/write access, but not to my root Macintosh HD. Can you try saving to your desktop, home folder, or documents folder and see if that works? I still should be able to fix this for the next update but I hope this workaround works for now.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jochen
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jochen » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 am

Hi Jake,
thank you very much! I was able to save on my desktop! So this workaround is fine for me. Looking forward to the next update.
Thanks a lot!
Kind Regards
Jochen

Jochen
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Jochen » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:12 am

Hello Jake,
sorry ... but it worked just one time. Now I have the same problem on the desktop folder. The next image I saved in the document folder ... that worked. I tried to save another image in the document folder ... now I have there the same problem. It seems, that it is just allowed to save one image in the folder.
Kind Regards
Jochen

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 am

Thanks for the report Jochen, I'll get to the bottom of this for the update.