Unreadable text

Rocket Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
walter
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unreadable text

Post by walter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:02 am

I am trying your Rocket Golf lite version 1.110 free be version from the AppleStore.

A very interesting "golf" game.

The problem i am having is visual with not being able to clearly read the printed information/instructions in red. ( bottom left hand side of screen ).

I have tried all the resolutions and the writing in red is very very very tiny perhaps a font size 2.

Does it get better in the paid versions ?

Or on the other hand how can i fix that in the freebee version.
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Unreadable text

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Walter, could you post a screenshot? What version of OS X are you running? I can't seem to recreate the issue. I'm guessing that if it does that on the Lite version it will also do it on the full version, but if I can see/recreate the bug somehow I'm sure I can fix the issue.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by walter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Screen shot attached.

Tried to do full screen but that was too large for an attachment.

OS 10.9.5 iMac Desktop ( 2009 vintage ).

I do have Yosemite on an external firewired HD may try that later.

Also tried different graphics resolution with no difference.

Meanwhile any thoughts why that text is super small.
Attachments
SShot 2015-03-16 at 11.33.07 AM.png
SShot 2015-03-16 at 11.33.07 AM.png (87.43 KiB) Viewed 79082 times
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Thanks for the screenshot. I'm 95% sure it has to do with the changes of Retina Displays in the last few OS updates, the text engine from Rocket Golf is very old. I'm going to reprogram the HUD like I do in GL Golf this week and release an update, it will 100% fix the font. Keep an eye out for an update in a week or so, Apple has been slow lately with approving my updates.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:30 pm

OK, thanks Jake.

Jake wrote: I'm 95% sure it has to do with the changes of Retina Displays in the last few OS updates

That may explain ( or may not ) why i seem to be having " graphics" issues when my ancient iMac ( 2009 ) starts and there is a millisecond graphics break up

whereas my wife's 2014 iMac has no such issue.