Buying course(s) or packs??

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Buying course(s) or packs??

Post by RichardIII » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:08 am

Jake: need some help or direction on buying courses and/or course packs using the app store. I have tried several times to buy course pack 6 which shows as $6.99 U.S., but when the app store asks me to confirm my purchase, it shows the price as $13.99! It doesn't say if that's U.S. or Canadian, but I don't think either is correct anyway. Can you please fix this? Thanks. 8)

RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Buying course(s) or packs??

Post by RichardIII » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

Hmm. Now when I went to play a round I got a message saying that the game file was corrupt and that I should delete it and reinstall from the app store, which I did but now I only have the four basic courses and using the reinstall purchases does nothing.....

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Try using the Restore Purchases button, it should get your courses back.

The strange thing is that it shouldn't be either of those prices, all of the Mac course packs have been $9.99 for some time! I'll see what I can dig up
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 am

Hi Jake,

I have the same problem too after purchasing Course Pack 6. I clicked on update in the Pro Shop, clicked OK to purchase in iTunes at £7.99 - added my iTunes password and everything should be OK .... But NO! After download I was unable to open GL Golf, but was given this window
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 15.11.30.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 15.11.30.png (52.45 KiB) Viewed 66103 times
I deleted the app and went back to GL Golf in iTunes to download again - I was not allowed to do so ... radio button greyed out.
So I reinstalled GL Golf from my external backup - opened it up, and everything is OK ...so I clicked on Restore Purchases in the hope that the new course might show up ....guess what ... still no new course. Jake, whats going on and is there a way around this problem?
I am a huge fan of this game, but since Apple have had their boney fingers on it, I have had nothing but irritation!!
Best wishes,
John

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 am

Hi John,

What version of Mac OS X are you running? I think updating to the latest 10.11.3 may help with the damaged messages
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:14 am

Hi Jake,

Thanks for getting back so quickly - I am up to date - El Capitan 10.11.3

Best,

John

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi again Jake,

Eureka!!

I downloaded the update via the App Store, then opened up GL Golf and checked in the Pro Shop and sure enough there was the proof I had bought Course Pack 6!
I then clicked on the Courses and there was Nova Forest hiding right at the bottom of what has become a very long list. Number 1 of the next 10 updates!
Thanks Jake, "God is in His Heaven and all is Right with the World"!

John.

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Yikes!!

I spoke too soon!

Now GL Golf will not open - when I click on the logo it bounces in the dock and then does not get beyond the "Verifying GL Golf app" window - it verifies(??) then the app does not open ....
....deja vu springs to mind ... any thoughts Jake??

John

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:11 am

An update!

Hi Jake,

All is now sorted out - Apple Support were extremely helpful!
After trashing GL Golf, I found that I could not re-download it from the App Store, only 'Update' it!
A complete restart of my iMac solved the problem and I was able to re-download GL Golf with the Course Pack 6 already installed!
Thank you for your patience Jake, and I have to tell you that Nova Forest is great fun!
Looking forward to this month's tournament!

Best wishes,

John.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:58 am

Thanks for the info John, this last update has caused lots of issues and it's all been due to the App Store, very frustrating!