GL Golf Suggestions [Mac/iOS Merged]

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: *** GL Golf Suggestions ***

Post by pb2au » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 pm

This is to Jake and all of your programmers [or is that just Jake?]. I thought that the new trees added a bit more realism to the view as I played the course. But I gotta say that nothing beats the new water. Not only is the color more pleasant & realistic, but the refection is truly amazing. I find myself watching the water and the reflection instead of my ball flight. It is truly mesmerizing. I nominate the new water for the best improvement of the year.

Way to go!
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 pm

pb2au wrote:This is to Jake and all of your programmers [or is that just Jake?]. I thought that the new trees added a bit more realism to the view as I played the course. But I gotta say that nothing beats the new water. Not only is the color more pleasant & realistic, but the refection is truly amazing. I find myself watching the water and the reflection instead of my ball flight. It is truly mesmerizing. I nominate the new water for the best improvement of the year.

Way to go!
I'm glad you like the new water improvements d@ve, I'm very happy with how it looks now and wish I would have added it earlier. Sometimes the nice things like the reflections only take a half day to add, while some of the smaller improvements can drag on for days. I've already got the ball reflecting off the water now for the next update, hopefully I can find a few more small visual improvements before I start tackle GL Golf 2 in the spring.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by pb2au » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am

I am anxiously waiting for GL Golf 2.
--d@ve

Svammy
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Re: *** GL Golf for the iPhone Suggestions ***

Post by Svammy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 am

There is a bug in multiplayer mode. Turn automatically switch on first player (P1) when resuming after saving or breaking game by incoming call.
Even in case when P1 already in hole. So P1 have to swing out from hole and put in again. (additional score +2).
It is very frequent situation and strongly strains me.

Waiting for bug fixing and update.

PS Sorry for my bad English.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: *** GL Golf for the iPhone Suggestions ***

Post by Jake » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:32 am

Svammy wrote:There is a bug in multiplayer mode. Turn automatically switch on first player (P1) when resuming after saving or breaking game by incoming call.
Even in case when P1 already in hole. So P1 have to swing out from hole and put in again. (additional score +2).
It is very frequent situation and strongly strains me.

Waiting for bug fixing and update.

PS Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks Svammy, I haven't tested multiplayer as much as I wanted to so I'll look into this. The next update is already finished so a fix won't in it, but the next update after that should have a fix.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Svammy
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Re: [iPhone] GL Golf Suggestions

Post by Svammy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 am

Thank you, Jake.

One more bug in multiplayer mode... Now in final scoring (Every day I play with my co-worker in your game at lunch. We don't have good result for internet scoreboard - but this mistake is no good for our local competition at local).
Previous times I didn't see that final score and score, submitted to scoreboard was different, because every those games have one leader and one follower. I feel something wrong in submitted score but this score wasn't so important.
But today we finished "head-to-head" - with equal result 68 me and 68 he. But for P1 in score submitted form wrote score 71. For P2 in final local scoreboard submitted correct 68. I calculate by hand - scoring in proccess of game is right. But submitting score have a bug with additional points to one of players.

I 'll looking forward for next update... and continue to play this cool game.

Arriva, Svammy

PS One more time sorry for my bad English. If you don't understand my problem - tell me and I'll try to explain it.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm glad you're enjoying the game every day at lunch! I'm not sure why it is reporting a 71 instead of 68. I'm going to have to just play a full round with two players myself and see what happens when I submit the score, hopefully I can figure it out.

rsmuller
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by rsmuller » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:47 am

I am using GL Golf 1.15 on an iPad and after the most recent upgrade the control bars for backspin, draw/fade, loft/punch are in the upper left corner. That makes it difficult to use those controls while holding the iPad. Can there be an option to move those controls back to the lower left? Also, can there be a preferences area to select options like that or crowd reaction sounds?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Good idea with the location on the iPad, I'll consider moving them down. I also would like to add a new preference area like the Mac version, it would be nice to be able to turn on/off several features.

Svammy
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Re: GL Golf Suggestions [Mac/iOS Merged]

Post by Svammy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 pm

GL Golf Deluxe v.1.17
IPhone 3G
iOS 4.2.1

Last update to current ver 1.17 is unstable. App crash out after finish of any course in multiplayer mode w/o saving local & internet record table. As you remember it's very important thing for us.... ;)

Then someone put last ball in 18 hole on screen appear "Touch to continue". Any single touch and app is closed.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

Svammy wrote:GL Golf Deluxe v.1.17
IPhone 3G
iOS 4.2.1

Last update to current ver 1.17 is unstable. App crash out after finish of any course in multiplayer mode w/o saving local & internet record table. As you remember it's very important thing for us.... ;)

Then someone put last ball in 18 hole on screen appear "Touch to continue". Any single touch and app is closed.
Sorry about that issue, It's been reported and should be fixed soon - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3542

golfdad
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by golfdad » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Just upgraded to 2.36 on the Mac with the "hopping" golfer. Any chance of an option to go back to the 2.35 golfer (even though his head sometimes got in the way, I like him better than the "hopper")? The current option goes all the way back to the bare club.

Thanks.

Love the game!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Not any way at the moment, though I could consider adding that as an option for the future. Just the hopping golfer or old club style right now

tPet
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by tPet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm with golfdad .. the hopping golfer is driving me nuts.

RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by RichardIII » Wed May 01, 2013 4:21 pm

I have a course suggestion - I'd like to see a par 3 course of 18 holes.
Thanks for listening.... :lol:

grrbear
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by grrbear » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

It appears that the version I'm currently on, 2.401, has introduced uncontrollable variability that wasn't there before. Tee shots might veer off by a good amount from the direction I was aiming, for example. Some of the uneven greens have unpredictable results as well, and since the hole gets moved with each new round, there's no way to learn the course.
Frankly, I find the game less interesting that way. The less control over my play, the less fun it is. I tend now to quit games after an unpredictable bad shot that ruins my score. I know you were probably trying to address the issue of so many low scores, but this is no fun.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:48 am

Try 2.411, but I'm not sure that will change much. Are you hitting out of the rough or over swinging? Fairway/green shots are still right on target. There are four pin placements per round, default is random but you can change it to placement A-B-C-D in the main menu. Just like golf is in real life. Hopefully we can get this addressed so that's it's still fun, not sure why it's acting uncontrolled for you

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:29 pm

When ever i startup this game it always defaults to Breaker's Coast.

I wish it could startup at the very last game I played.

PPPlease.
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Lilacgal
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Lilacgal » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:42 pm

I have two enhancements to the game I would like to recommend. But first let me say I've been playing the game for nearly 5 years now and love it. Thanks for all the good development work you've done. So here are the suggestions. Is there any chance you could create a left-handed player option? It's weird to have several customization options, including skin color, but no left-handed player option. The second suggestion is maybe more of a question/comment. It seems the new version does not do an auto redirect to the pin, when hitting significantly off in one direction or the other. Sometimes it does, but it's inconsistent. I thought in the past, it did it all the time. Oh, I have another request. Would like to have more than 2 mulligans per round. It helps to practice. Thanks! A loyal player

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Lilacgal wrote:I have two enhancements to the game I would like to recommend. But first let me say I've been playing the game for nearly 5 years now and love it. Thanks for all the good development work you've done. So here are the suggestions. Is there any chance you could create a left-handed player option? It's weird to have several customization options, including skin color, but no left-handed player option. The second suggestion is maybe more of a question/comment. It seems the new version does not do an auto redirect to the pin, when hitting significantly off in one direction or the other. Sometimes it does, but it's inconsistent. I thought in the past, it did it all the time. Oh, I have another request. Would like to have more than 2 mulligans per round. It helps to practice. Thanks! A loyal player
Sorry about the late reply, the new forum upgrade stopped my notifications. I'm adding the left handed option to my too do list, as for the rotate are you on a Mac or iOS device? For mulligans if you use the practice round you can have as many as you want, just press the Next Hole button after finishing each hole. Thanks for the feedback!