My world is turning upside down!

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My world is turning upside down!

Post by RichardIII » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi Jake:
I have had this happen to me several times (not every time though) where after I Hit a shot, the screen re-draws OK, except that it is upside down. I have enough problems as it is with the game :lol: . Anyway, looks like it's only me?

PS - iMac 24" late 2007 (Aluminum) w/HD2600 Pro 256 MB.

Rich 8)

Jake
Site Admin

Re: My world is turning upside down!

Post by Jake » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 am

That sounds very strange! Are you saying that everything is perfectly flipped upside down, just like if you took the GL Golf window and flipped it completely upside down? Or if this is no the exact case could you post a screenshot here (press command-shift 4 to grab a picture while playing).

I've never heard this one before, hopefully we can fix it. For the time being you might be able to save the game, quit GL Golf, then resume the game.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RichardIII » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Jake: yes, it appears that it is completely upside down. I have a game saved where this happened (I think it's almost always in a bunker but not sure). It seems that if the ball ends up far enough below, then this happens. You will see it is only the hole itself that is upside down, not the controls they seem to be unaffected.
Do you want me to try to send you this saved game? If you do, where do I find it and what will it be called?

Thanks,
Rich

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:15 pm

You could try to send me the saved game, to do that email support at nuclearnova dot com and attach the file GL Golf.plist, located in your Home folder -> Library -> Preference folder.

When you resume the game it still is upside down I'm assuming, correct?
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by RichardIII » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 am

Jake: just sent you the file, but I was playing a game at the time - sorry. I doubt that the game on that file is the right one. Next time it happens I will save the game then quit. Then, I'll send you the plist file. Is my face red? :oops:

Wayne

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:19 am

I did receive the correct file, but like you said that one wasn't upside down. Feel free to send me the file again after you save an upside down game and I'll take a look at it.

RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by RichardIII » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:55 pm

OK Jake just sent you another one.

Wayne

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:02 pm

I was able to load the game, and I think I know what's going on. It looks like you were deep in a sand trap, and the back of the trap actually got between the club and the camera (the point that is viewing the game). The result is something that looks ridiculous, and totally gets in the way of being able to take the next shot.

This bug has been fixed on the high quality rendering mode for a while now, but in the medium quality mode it looks like its still broke. This should be an easy fix, so it should be done for the 2.27 update. Sorry about any inconvenience until then.

RichardIII
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by RichardIII » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

No problem Jake. My crappy video doesn't like the high quality mode. I have just been switching to view B, which usually solved my not being able to tell where I was aimed.

Thanks,
Rich 8)