iPhone App Update

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
billymo3
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

iPhone App Update

Post by billymo3 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:13 am

Just installed the app update on 8/27. For some reason, the new app does not include putters in the club selection. Please help.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: iPhone App Update

Post by Jake » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 am

Thats very strange! I would try to delete the app from your phone, turn off/on the phone, and re-download GL Golf. This must be an isolated bug or else my ears would be ringing with 1000 support emails right now!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

thebeed
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: iPhone App Update

Post by thebeed » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

So the update is here...thank you. The game definitely plays more smoothly and the new course is challenging. However, I have a real problem with the whole pro shop thing. I have no problem paying for more courses, as this is a real enhancement to the game for me. But the idea of paying for an advantage (clubs, mulligans etc.) seems just plain wrong. For those of us who have enjoyed competing to be at the top of the leader board, we now find ourselves in a position where we must pay to still be competitive in a game we already own. Clubs to fill the gaps in club selection are useful (although these really should be free, imo, like the long putter was in a previous update), but an extra long driver and an extra mulligan do nothing to actually enhance the game and only serve to offer a competitive advantage to those willing to pay. Why not just offer a stroke off, $5.00/each. I certainly will not pay for an extra mulligan or an extra long driver, so an important aspect of the game (competition) is now lost to me. I therefore will be lest likely to purchase more courses, less likely to play and less likely to recommend this game to others.