GL Golf Suggestions [Mac/iOS Merged]

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
schplurg
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: *** GL Golf for the iPhone Suggestions ***

Post by schplurg » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:24 am

Hole 13 at August Lane. There is a deep rut if you drive to the right edge of the fairway. You have to wedge out of it because it's so steep. That sucks...I deliberately aimed there to avoid the water on the left. I'd rather see a sand trap there...at least you could see it before tee-off.

To comment on the last few posts, Tiger Woods - whenever it does come out - will be some stiff competition. It will probably be priced at $9.99. I'm sure you are aware of that. I still love GL Golf!

Edit to add:
I do have a small suggestion. On the "green view cam", I think it would be more useful if it was zoomed out just a little. As it is now it's hard to tell which direction we are viewing the pin from because the view is so close. Zooming out slightly would give it better "context".

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:54 am

Hole 13 is very tricky, that steep area must be avoided! I should be able to zoom out the green view, I see what you mean
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Harris555
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Harris555 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:40 am

Hi, I've played lots of golf video games over the years and feel like this game is very good. It's simple, but it gives you a similar feel to being on the course.

I just downloaded the new update and notice that it said that some people were cheating and posting really low scores on the internet. I was glad to hear this as I posted some honest scores that were pretty low (I play the "pro" level and 53 was my all time lowest on Breakers course) and I couldn't believe it when I saw so many scores under 50). So I'm hoping that the cheaters can't continue to ruin the fun of competing to see how well we can do against players from everywhere.

Another suggestion: for people who have bought the iphone game, you might want to offer some kind of discount on the Mac version of the game.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 am

Harris555 wrote:Hi, I've played lots of golf video games over the years and feel like this game is very good. It's simple, but it gives you a similar feel to being on the course.

I just downloaded the new update and notice that it said that some people were cheating and posting really low scores on the internet. I was glad to hear this as I posted some honest scores that were pretty low (I play the "pro" level and 53 was my all time lowest on Breakers course) and I couldn't believe it when I saw so many scores under 50). So I'm hoping that the cheaters can't continue to ruin the fun of competing to see how well we can do against players from everywhere.

Another suggestion: for people who have bought the iphone game, you might want to offer some kind of discount on the Mac version of the game.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the game! I'm also glad most of the cheating has stopped, everything looks legit except for the 35 on GL Classic. I'm also not sure if the 10's on the Lite version are legit or not, a 10 seems very hard to get, but then again there are so many rounds played that those might be actual 10s.

Good idea with the discount, I'll see what I can do about that (I have an idea)
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

baseballmartz8
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by baseballmartz8 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:51 pm

just wondering, how long does it take to the app store to approve an app? I can't wait until the deluxe version! Any ideas on what you will do for discounts to owners of the regular GL golf?

Thanks

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:58 am

baseballmartz8 wrote:just wondering, how long does it take to the app store to approve an app? I can't wait until the deluxe version! Any ideas on what you will do for discounts to owners of the regular GL golf?

Thanks
It was rejected Friday due to the fact that if you are offline and try to load the Best Rounds the list remains blank, it was submitted monday (4 day wait). I re-submitted it Friday and its now Tuesday, so I'd expect to hear from Apple any day now.

The only thing I can do is to reduce the price down from $14.99 to $9.99 as a limited time discount. GL Golf will probably also go on sale for $5.99 to create a larger price difference between the deluxe and standard version.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Good News - GL Golf Deluxe is out!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3141

jandefischer
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by jandefischer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:01 pm

Jake,

I just scored a 47 on San Jacinto but it wouldn't let me save it under my screen name JohnFisch. That field is grayed out. Help!

John

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:35 pm

John,

I'm not sure why it wouldn't let you, I just started a round on San Jacinto hole 18 and tapped in for a 47 and it let me submit the score. I'll keep trying to figure out why, sorry about the bug right now :(

pwat
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by pwat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:40 pm

I like the new courses that I have seen. One MAJOR complaint. That hitch still occurs. When swinging occasionally there is a pause. It has been mentioned here before and is still present in the deluxe version. My phone OS is upgraded to the newest version and no change.
Any thoughts???

barryap
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Re: *** GL Golf Suggestions ***

Post by barryap » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:21 pm

I love GL Golf Deluxe. Makes my morning subway commute fly by.

I'd love to see some sort of "practice mode," where I'm allowed to play with unlimited mulligans. You could make it so those rounds can't count toward the top scores, but it'd be fun to just play around and try to nail the perfect shot.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 pm

I still can't find it, I looked that looked EVERYWHERE for that bug too! I'm going to keep looking though, I have a week off from school the end of this month

Jake
Site Admin

Re: *** GL Golf Suggestions ***

Post by Jake » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

There actually is a practice mode on the Mac version, so most of the code is in the iPhone version already! It's on my too do list at high priority, so expect to see it by mid summer at the latest, probably earlier

EDIT : This looks like it was posted in the GL Golf Macintosh forum, next time try the GL Golf iPhone forum here - viewforum.php?f=14

schplurg
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by schplurg » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 am

Howdy. haven't been here in awhile.

I have one big suggestion that I can't believe I never noticed before. There is only one pin placement for every hole! Could you add more? Maybe 6 at least? That would help replay value tremendously.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 pm

The new courses actually have two pin/tee locations on the mac version, I need to get the code converted over to the iPhone version to take advantage of these tee locations.

pwat
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by pwat » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Again I must say, I love the game.
Some of the new courses are hard, some easy, but a wide variety. Well Done.
Hope you find that stutter bug. It drives me crazy.
A thought....to better prepare and try to get a good score, it would be really nice to practice a hole.
If there was a way to just play one hole at a time that would be great.
Otherwise, keep plugging.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:29 pm

pwat wrote:Again I must say, I love the game.
Some of the new courses are hard, some easy, but a wide variety. Well Done.
Hope you find that stutter bug. It drives me crazy.
A thought....to better prepare and try to get a good score, it would be really nice to practice a hole.
If there was a way to just play one hole at a time that would be great.
Otherwise, keep plugging.
Thanks!

Practice is on the way sometime in the next 3 months, it's already in the mac version so adding to the iPhone shouldn't be too hard.

pwat
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by pwat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Waiting with baited breath. Thanks for all of your hard work.

mhl_SC
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by mhl_SC » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:57 pm

It would be nice if each course had 4 different sets of pin locations that would be automaticaly rotated as you replayed the course.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks, thats on my list of things to do. Right now the last few courses on the mac have two pin and two tee locations that rotate, so hopefully I can get that added to at least the last few courses on the iPhone.