Scores Not Listed at The End of the Round

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Monkaton
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Scores Not Listed at The End of the Round

Post by Monkaton » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:17 pm

With the new score sheet where the top scores are listed the GL Golf does not register the scores. The sheet comes up with no names on it and then it quits. This has happened every time I have played with the new 2.2 game.

No names, no scores recorded and crash.

Any remedy?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:03 pm

Hey I just got a very similar email from someone!

To anyone else who is wondering, just re-download the game and the glitch is fixed. It didn't happen to most people, so if you weren't affected then don't bother re-downloading.

Jake
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Monkaton
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Problem

Post by Monkaton » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 am

I downloaded the 2.02 version and it solved the score sheet problem.

Thanks.

Here's something new. When playing the Random 18 sometimes I'll get to the 10th hole and the top of the screen says "Hole 0." It then stays on "Hole 0." for a several holes and does not revert to the correct hole.

In one game after several of these null set holes the screen went back to Hole 2. I finished the round and instead of being under par, I was 20 over par.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks, I'll look into it, I am aware of some problems with the random 18 holes not making it all of the way to the end every time.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Chuck
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Chuck » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:44 pm

I have also encountered a lack of high scores following a round. I reinstalled the game, but still no scores.

However, I have the game installed on two computers: My iMac at home and my laptop for when I'm traveling. I'm using the same registration number on both. Could that be the problem?

Congratulations, Jake, on a really enjoyable game. I read a review in MacAddict and later downloaded it from VersionTracker. As I noted in my review on VT, I've played several (maybe a half dozen) Mac golf games over the past 15 years, and this ranks among the two best (or perhaps the best). The 3D effect is quite enjoyable.

I've only played for a month or two (starting with 2.0 or 2.01), and I think I made it to 11 under once. I've been stunned to see 24 under or more. I am slightly relieved to hear that earlier versions were somewhat easier.

I played another Mac golf game a few years ago. I don't recall the name, but it was a commercial game (not Tiger Woods) that featured several TPC stadium golf courses. You could play in tournaments against real-life pros. I watched The Players tournament earlier this year that was played at Sawgrass, and was pleased to report to my brother-in-law (a former club pro) while we were watching that I had played 17 (the island green) at Sawgrass.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:49 pm

Installing the game on two computers is fine and isn't affecting the scores, I'm pretty lenient on sharing GL Golf with different computers/family members after the game is registered once.

Thanks for the feedback, its messages like theses that show that people are enjoying GL Golf that make me want to keep adding to the game. I wasn't aware there was a review in MacAddict magazine, do you know what issue? I'll have to try to find a copy (Its nice of MacAddict to not inform me of their review...). I do remember your review on VT, Thanks for the review!

Those scores are pretty incredible, I'm not sure how people can get so consistent at eagles!

I'll have to do a search for that golf game you are talking about. I haven't played too many new golf games, I'm used to HALS Hole in One Golf for the super nintendo :-P

Chuck
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Chuck » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Ah, I beg your pardon. I was thinking that I first read about GL Golf in a MacAddict (or MacLife) "Shareware picks" column. Actually it was in a CNet "Download Dispatch for Mac" email alert from May 8, 2007, that read:

"Not quite on par (yeah, I know--sorry) with today's console and retail golf
games, GL Golf still manages to offer a fun golfing experience. Even without
the smooth graphics of today's games, we're still satisfied with the
gameplay.
Read full review
<http>

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:29 pm

Oh OK, I remember CNET's Download Dispatch reviewing GL Golf, Thanks for the clarification!