v1.95 Disappearing ball

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

v1.95 Disappearing ball

Post by AndrewD » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:47 pm

Hi Jake,

I've noticed that the ball disappears when I let the screen saver activate. Lasts to the end of the hole. MacOS 10.3.9. New behaviour for 1.95, suspect something to do with the ball rotation fix?

Let me know if you need more info. AndrewD

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:43 pm

Thanks Andrew, I'm looking into it, I think it does have something to do with the new ball rotation. I played a few rounds before I sent out the update and I didn't see it happen but one other person has reported it too.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:22 am

I think I found a problem where the code can divide by 0, which causes an error in how much the ball should rotate, therefore making the ball rotation not work which makes the ball disappear for some reason.

If you want to try the new version I'm uploading it now (may take 15 minutes). I haven't been able to make the ball disappear after testing for a little bit. If you try it please let me know the result, and I'll check back after 4 when I'm done with classes today.

[deleted]
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Monkaton
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Old Graphics

Post by Monkaton » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:07 am

My wife and I had the disappearing ball trick (not a euphemism) when we were playing GL Golf today. I saw your remedy link on the forum and downloaded it. Now the graphics for the greens and traps are all flat and don't appear to be as good as the previous disappearing ball version.

Am I seeing things or is there a further problem.

Thanks for the game. I really enjoy it.

Monkaton
Nuclear Nova Member

Re: Old Graphics

Post by Monkaton » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:14 am

Monkaton wrote:My wife and I had the disappearing ball trick (not a euphemism) when we were playing GL Golf today. I saw your remedy link on the forum and downloaded it. Now the graphics for the greens and traps are all flat and don't appear to be as good as the previous disappearing ball version.

Am I seeing things or is there a further problem.

Thanks for the game. I really enjoy it.
Disregard. I went in to preferences and changed graphics. Duh!

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Old Graphics

Post by Jake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:40 am

Monkaton wrote:
Disregard. I went in to preferences and changed graphics. Duh!
I'm glad you fixed it so easily :)

Enjoy,
Jake