1.02 Error "?Subsription out of range"

Hydrothermal Feedback for the Mac and iPad
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tarquin
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1.02 Error "?Subsription out of range"

Post by Tarquin » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:34 pm

It was great playing the game with the 15 min limit, didn't give you the chance to spot the bugs. But now i have bought it' i can see lots of bugs. Blocks of buildings that disappear, scrolling to the left while building trigger the action buttons on the GUI making a mess. Oh yes, the error. How annoying is that, everything lost. Why did i register if it is going to quit anyway ???

Not going to bother again until the game is completed. Pity thought, it could have been a great game.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:48 am

Hi Tarquin,

I'm sorry about all of those problems, I am going to work real hard on the next patch this week to fix those issues.

I am not sure what you mean by blocks of buildings disappear - can you elaborate more so I can try to figure this one out?

I now know what you mean about the scrolling that can trigger GUI buttons, that should be an easy fix.

I am always looking for the errors, I am going to have to do two things about that. First I am going to play for a few hours strait and just look for the cause and then fix it. And then I am going to program an auto save that saves every 2 minutes so game data isn't lost.

Sorry about the inconvenience, I agree that some of these bugs are not acceptable and I am going to get off my butt and fix them.

Jake
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Tarquin
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tarquin » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:01 pm

Greetings Jake

The blocks ... when constructing a row of buildings blocks i click and drag but there seems to be a limit to the number of units drawn so i have to go back and fill in.

I accept your apologies but it is a bit rich getting us the customers to do your beta testing.

Tarq

Edit: as for the trigger for the error, well... i have found it is random, i thought it might be a multiple of the 15 min reg limit, but no.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:27 pm

Tarquin wrote:The blocks ... when constructing a row of buildings blocks i click and drag but there seems to be a limit to the number of units drawn so i have to go back and fill in
Are you saying when you scroll and zone at the same time (meaning you start in one screen, scroll way off to part of another and let go of the mouse?)

Some good news is I have the GUI accidental hits taken care of and an autosave feature that saves every 30 seconds. I haven't isolated the crashing yet but i am working on that right now.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Tarquin
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Tarquin » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:11 pm

[quote]Are you saying when you scroll and zone at the same time (meaning you start in one screen, scroll way off to part of another and let go of the mouse?) [/quote]

yes, as i would for a selection box on a graphic program. I think it might be boxes hidden under the GUI aren't drawn. It seems i get the error more often when i am using the view box in the map window to move to another place on the map instead of just moving the mouse across the screen. But what do i know, i am not a beta tester ;-)

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:24 pm

Thanks for more info, I should be able to fix that tonight. I also sent you an email.

Tarquin
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Good game

Post by Tarquin » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:46 am

Hi Jake,

Well, i haven't been able to stop playing but just modified my use by saving as much as possible.

I think i have seen a consistence in the trigger for the error... it is when i scroll my mouse off to the edge of the screen.

Dont know if that helps. Also i seem to be able to buy reserves but when i go to battle the figures show i have non ?.

T

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Good game

Post by Jake » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:31 pm

Tarquin wrote:Hi Jake,

Well, i haven't been able to stop playing but just modified my use by saving as much as possible.

I think i have seen a consistence in the trigger for the error... it is when i scroll my mouse off to the edge of the screen.

Dont know if that helps. Also i seem to be able to buy reserves but when i go to battle the figures show i have non ?.

T
Thanks for the information about the crashing, I have an idea of why it might be crashing now.

The reserves only can defend against attacks - they are half the price of normal troops and are a bonus early game when you get attacked.