Suggestions Wanted

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jake
Site Admin

Suggestions Wanted

Post by Jake » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

After 100's of updates we're running low on ideas for future GL Golf updates. This is a call for suggestions, we can't promise they'll be added but there is a good chance that they will! We're still working on Birdie Golf, which will have lots of new features/graphics, but we will continue updating GL Golf as usual.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

RCGCBob
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Post by RCGCBob » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Jake,
I've played quite a bit of golf over the years, although now wheelchair bound those days are gone! I'm finding some of the greens on some courses [eg] Moroccan Links, as well as several others are almost impossible to putt on.
I've played on quite a few courses around Australia, but I've never seen greens with angles on the like some on GL Golf.
Maybe I'm not good enough, but I find this aspect of GL Golf quite off-putting and would rather see more difficult drives, fairway & approach shots and not putting greens that are almost impossible to get the ball into the hole.
Other than that I'm enjoying GL Golf, so keep up the good work.
Cheers,
RCGCBob.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:58 am

You're right Bob, some of the older courses have some incredibly unfair greens. We've come a long way in course design over the last ten years. I'll write that down as a possibility, it would be a big project but may prove worthwhile!
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

RCGCBob
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by RCGCBob » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Jake,
As a further thought, maybe you could consider not allowing a wedge to be used on the greens. On all the courses I've played on, using a wedge on the greens is banned. One of the key aspects of golf is the putting challenge and this is eliminated if a wedge is allowed to be used on the greens. If the wedge was banned the greens could be made more realistic and not be almost unplayable as some are now. Another thought along the same lines would be to remove the grid lines and moving white dots on the greens.
Just a few thoughts,
Cheers,
RCGCBob.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 am

Actually, chipping on the green is legal, but most golfers aren't skilled enough to do it without causing damage. There have been several times when pros have done this, an I personally was playing with an amateur who needed to pull out his wedge on an odd shaped green because putting would have involved going through the rough! I would actually recommend it on GL Golf on some of those crazy greens, a sand wedge with some backspin is much more consistent than trying to read a 50% grade slope. However as you mentioned earlier, the best solution is just to fix the greens in the first place