Game Center Leaderboards

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KuraPau
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Game Center Leaderboards

Post by KuraPau » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:22 am

Hi Jake, when I check the Game Center Leaderboard ALL TIME, I see 323 GL Golf players, BUT I don't see great players like Jake, DS, bol, Marcio_Italia, AnthonyW, BluPuk, Mykie, Ryanoceros, Enter_NVBName, gio, Chef_T, REN7, wonderkid, and many more. I just wonder, how does it work? How many GL Golf players in total? Game Center says 323 players, but many are not listed. And, for example, dfdraper01 indicates that this player earned new points on 2 March 2014, but I cannot find this player in GL Golf 'Best Rounds'.

Can you clarify?

KuraPau

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Game Center Leaderboards

Post by Jake » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 am

Hey KuraPau,

My guess is those players must not be logged into Game Center when they play. There is currently a bug where my scores (Jake) get sent to some developer sandbox mode, that's why I'm not there, but I am surprised more players aren't added. For other games like Nova Golf and Disc Golf 3D the Mac and iOS scoreboards are combined so there are many more users. I don't think the Mac version of Game Center caught on as well as the iOS version, which is one reason I'm glad I have my own best round system implemented in addition. Also, at least half or so of the users for Mac GL Golf use the shareware version, not the Mac App Store version, and Apple doesn't allow non app store games to access the Game Center content. Hopefully this provides a little explanation, sorry if it doesn't cover everything!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

KuraPau
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by KuraPau » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 am

But lite versions are available in Mac App Store: Nova Golf Lite, Disc Golf 3D Lite, GL Golf Lite.

I have Nova Golf Lite and Disc Golf 3D Lite: they list on Game Center with leaderboards. And have 15603 and 11899 players respectively. Compared to 324 GL Golf players.

I don't get it. GL Golf is BY FAR the best computer golf there is. Forget about TW!

So, GL Golf players are more likely NOT to sign into Games Center??? Number of GL Golf players at Games Center excludes iOS players?

Don't you know at Nuclear Nova how many GL Golf players you have?

:roll:
KuraPau

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:27 am

I've figured it out I think. GL Golf has separate iOS and Mac boards, so that's why the numbers are so low for GL Golf on the Mac. For Nova Golf, the boards are combined, so you are not really seeing 15603 mac Nova Golfers, 90%+ of those are actually on iOS (probably using the Lite version). Hopefully this helps,
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal