GL Golf pricing

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Busher
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GL Golf pricing

Post by Busher » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:59 pm

I just got a ipad and liked the demo version of the game and want to download the paid version....I'm unclear though what the difference is between GL golf and GL golf deluxe...same description and seems they both have 40 games or so...one is $4.99 and deluxe is $9.99

Someone help me?

Cheers!

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf pricing

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:45 am

Hi, Sorry the differences must have accidentally been copied/pasted away in the description. Regular comes with six courses right off the bat, and Deluxe comes with 15-20 or so. They both have the ability to add more courses later with in-app purchase.

Deluxe was added way back when there was no in-app purchase, so it's not really needed today but I still have to keep it out there for updates for people who have purchased it. It's a slightly better value for your money than the regular if you know you want more than six courses, otherwise I'd recommend the regular version.

Hopefully this helps!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Busher
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Busher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:52 am

Jake wrote:Hi, Sorry the differences must have accidentally been copied/pasted away in the description. Regular comes with six courses right off the bat, and Deluxe comes with 15-20 or so. They both have the ability to add more courses later with in-app purchase.

Deluxe was added way back when there was no in-app purchase, so it's not really needed today but I still have to keep it out there for updates for people who have purchased it. It's a slightly better value for your money than the regular if you know you want more than six courses, otherwise I'd recommend the regular version.

Hopefully this helps!
Yes! Very helpful! It would be an idea to update the description to separate the 2 different plans plus also indicate deluxe is only 20 courses, not the 40 advertised...so I assume you just pick your 20 own courses?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 am

Description changed, takes a while to propagate through iTunes sometime. It comes with all of the courses available at the time of release back in early '09, all of the future ones after that are in in-app purchase course packs
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Busher
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Busher » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:59 pm

Jake wrote:Description changed, takes a while to propagate through iTunes sometime. It comes with all of the courses available at the time of release back in early '09, all of the future ones after that are in in-app purchase course packs
Ok..I see that descriptions still haven't changed, but will probably go with deluxe version...

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 am

Busher wrote:
Jake wrote:Description changed, takes a while to propagate through iTunes sometime. It comes with all of the courses available at the time of release back in early '09, all of the future ones after that are in in-app purchase course packs
Ok..I see that descriptions still haven't changed, but will probably go with deluxe version...
Thanks for letting me know! You can change both the text for the current version (2.420) and the upcoming version (I already started putting info down for 2.430), and it looks like I edited the wrong one! Just fixed 2.420, hopefully it propagates soon. Deluxe is definitely the better bang for the buck

"GL Golf Deluxe is the same as GL Golf but initially comes with 21 courses instead of 6. Both versions have all 40+ courses available with in-app purchase through additional course packs."