Version 2.38

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Version 2.38

Post by ryanoceros » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

I like it! The new course is nice. It's easy is some ways, but it has some challenge to it also.
I like the new hardest holes also. Very cool.
I noticed that several of the holes from Grand Lake have changed. Did you also change other courses? ... and if so, which courses have changed?

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.38

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 am

Glad you like it, it's a fun course!
Hardest Holes V2 should be a real challenge.
I don't think anything has changed on Grand Lake. The first hole was modified in February but the other ones haven't been touched in 2012 yet. Any specific point I can check out to investigate?
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ryanoceros » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Jake,
Yeah, it's probably just the February changes to the Grand Lake course that I finally noticed. I haven't played Grand Lake in awhile. But several of the holes for the new hardest holes are from that map, and I noticed it while playing it. The tee locations are a little different, but that's probably the changes that took place back in February. The Grand Lake video I made was the old design. You can see the differences in the video compared to what it is now. ... I'm not complaining though. I like it! I'm just a little slow on keeping up with the changes. I've been playing the Hobo Canyon map lately. That's definitely my favorite design so far. Great course! ... and not just because I hold the high score on that course (currently). I just like the rugged/mountainous terrain. Lots of elevation changes on that course! I hope your designer makes more like that (hint hint) :^D
Anyway, I'm happy with the newest courses too. Great work!
Ryan

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:43 pm

I already installed Version 2.38 the other day however when i ran the check for updates today the software update shows an odd message.

I installed the update then ran another check and the same odd message came up.

Any clues why Jake ?
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-07-19 at 3.32.08 PM.gif
Screen shot 2012-07-19 at 3.32.08 PM.gif (36.98 KiB) Viewed 18353 times
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:41 pm

I encountered a bug in the update software where it didn't think 2.380 was greater than 2.370, so instead I just changed the new version to 2380 with no decimal point. This introduced another bug, where the game thinks it's never up to date! Just click Skip This Version for now and it should go away
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

funkyjudge
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by funkyjudge » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:40 am

I have the Mac App Store version of GL Golf and it shows that an update is available, but there is no update button to click. All it shows is a greyed out install button.

I have two iTunes accounts and tried it with both but still can't update.

Running the latest version of Lion.

Any ideas why this is?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Did you try restarting? I think you need to be logged on as the user who bought the app. You may have to talk to Apple for support here, they control the updating mechanisms, which I have had trouble with myself in the past

funkyjudge
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by funkyjudge » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 pm

I've tried both login details.

I'll wait till another app needs an update and see if the same happens to that.