Version 2.36 crashing.

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Version 2.36 crashing.

Post by voicebox » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Jake,

Since upgrading to version 2.36, GL Golf has begun crashing on my iMac running Mac OS X Lion - but interestingly, not every time I open up the app ..!
It crashes more often when I try to play the new course - Port O'Brien Municipal.
Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
Best wishes,

John.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.36 crashing.

Post by Jake » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 am

voicebox wrote:Hi Jake,

Since upgrading to version 2.36, GL Golf has begun crashing on my iMac running Mac OS X Lion - but interestingly, not every time I open up the app ..!
It crashes more often when I try to play the new course - Port O'Brien Municipal.
Best wishes,

John.
Not sure exactly, I've had a few people report these random crashes though so I'm trying to find to why
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:48 am

Jake wrote:

Best wishes,

John.
Not sure exactly, I've had a few people report these random crashes though so I'm trying to find to why
Hi Jake,
Thanks for the reply.
The next time it happens, I'll send you a screen shot of the crash report.
Best,
John.

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 am

voicebox wrote:
Jake wrote:

Best wishes,

John.
Hi Jake,
Thanks for the reply.
The next time it happens, I'll send you a screen shot of the crash report.
Best,
John.
Hi Jake,

I thought you might like to know that since I upgraded to OS X Lion 10.7.3 the problem of crashing I was experiencing with v2.36 when using OS X10.7.2 seems to have been cured!! :D
Although the phrase 'Watch this space' springs to mind! :wink:

Best wishes,
John.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 am

Good news, hopefully the update reduces the number of crash reports I get and hopefully this thread doesn't re-open due to more crashes!
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 am

Jake wrote:Good news, hopefully the update reduces the number of crash reports I get and hopefully this thread doesn't re-open due to more crashes!
Hi Jake,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, although I did say in my previous post 'watch this space' .... :(
Golf crashed three times out of five today when opening up Morrowsfield (getting a little practice before the 27th!) - I then clicked on 'Reopen' and it opened up OK ....
I have to say that when I open up a course and the 'welcome' chime cracks/splits I then know from experience that Golf will crash. When the welcome chime sounds 'pure' then Golf opens up OK ... If it makes you feel any better - v2.36 is perfectly OK when played on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard! :D
It just doesn't seem to like the Lion!
best,

John.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Ahh too bad. So strange, I'm running lion on both of my systems and have tried and tried to crash the app but I can't. I hope it works out on the tournament!

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 am

Jake wrote:Ahh too bad. So strange, I'm running lion on both of my systems and have tried and tried to crash the app but I can't. I hope it works out on the tournament!
Hi Jake,

I don't what to do - I am tearing what is left of my hair out!
Golf GL is now crashing with more frequency. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it - but all to no avail!
I now cannot take part in this month's tournament because having played one round (-13 and a score of 57) I have just tried playing my second round and hey-ho Golf crashed!
When I restarted, it loaded ok - I then tried to play the tournament and I got the following error message: 'Tournament Progress Lost'

The situation is now becoming just a little tedious Jake, is there anything that can be done? The start up chime does not ring true sometimes - it ends abruptly - and when that happens, Golf crashes. When the start up chime sounds OK, then Golf loads OK ...!
My system is running perfectly - Lion 10.7.3 - would you like me to email you some more screen shots of the crash reports?

Also, there seems to be a problem with Hole 7 of the St Andrews Jubilee Course when using the Blue (Expert) Tees - the graphics are all over the place ...!
I will email you some screen shots.

Best wishes

John

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi John,

I've been working on this and I think I figured it out. Go ahead and delete GL Golf then download it again, link coming in the email. That is version 2.361 which should hopefully stop the crashing.

2.361 also has a Reset Tournament Progress button you can use to get back into the tournament.

Just fixed St. Andrews, will be ready for 2.371

Let me know how it goes.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable