Best Rounds date format

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
caboose
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Best Rounds date format

Post by caboose » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Why...are the dates displayed in a different sequence? On the 'This Computer' side, the date reads something like 2011-10-19 (for October 19, 2011)

But on the 'Internet (all time)' and 'Internet (current season)' the date reads 19/10/11 (for October 19, 2011).

In my 2 examples, I usually refer to the bottom one as 'European style' dating. But yet the top one is not quite 'American style' dating.

If I had my way, I would have it read 10/19/11. I understand that some people might not be clear on which of the left and right numerals represent the year, so maybe a little change to make it look this way: 10/19/2011.

I mean, we as a country refer to the day of the terrorist attacks as 9/11 and not 11/9.

As I said, this is just my little quirk on the date display. I looked in previous posts on something like this, but found none. Apparently it has not been an item to question for anyone else. I am also assuming that this GL golf game is home-based in America.

Input anyone?

Thank you.

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Best Rounds date format

Post by ryanoceros » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 am

I never noticed that, but I agree, it should be Month/Day/Year.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Best Rounds date format

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 pm

The local game uses a system level call to get the date, so whatever Mac OS X returns it uses. In America it goes mm/dd/yy, I'm not sure what it would do with a mac purchased in europe. The web server uses a similar system level call, but on a linux machine located in some remote location. Sorry about the differences, I may eventually make them consistent but with so many other gameplay/graphics improvements to do it's low on the priority list.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal