Version 2.35

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wrf1984
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Version 2.35

Post by wrf1984 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Love the idea of no more "floating club," but it is a BIT disconcerting waiting for the swing until AFTER you have completed your two hits of the space bar.

That being said, I think I'll get used to it. Years ago I played a different game where the "golfer" drew the club back (backswing) on the first space bar tap, ahead on the second. Is that possible, Jake?

BTW: if this sounds like a whine, I don't mean for it to be. Love the game--play it (TOO) often.

Randy Fritz

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.35

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm glad you like the new animation, I'm very pleased with it compared to floating clubs. I don't think the swing mechanics will change because the animation used is based off of the power selected, I think it will just take some getting use to. I do have several improvements planned for the golfer though, so keep your eyes out during the next few updates
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ryanoceros » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Just testing it out. Here's some feedback.
I like the new golfer guy, although it is a challenge to see the cup if you are putting from a distance. His head obstructs the cup making it hard to aim precisely. But that's okay I suppose, it's just a new challenge.
I noticed another problem though. I managed to be able to use all clubs on the Driving Range, but it still won't let me use all clubs in Practice mode. It still says 14 limit. And one other thing. The Hardest Holes problem in practice mode is still the same. It send me to hole #1 regardless of which hole I try to play.
... But I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining. just reporting what I'm experiencing.
I love the new course. Inverness Club is a great course. And the graphic improvements are nice too.

Dare I ask for a request.... How about "Corde Valle" for the next new course?
http://www.cordevalle.com/
The Course: Hole By Hole ---> http://www.cordevalle.com/i/downloads/Yardage_Guide.pdf

Ryan

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely do something about the putting visibility. As for the other bugs, I just made note of them again and will fix for 2.36. I definitely apprixiate the feedback, I can only test so much each update and i often overlook things.

I'll send the course info to my course maker, cant promise anything but he does often listen to suggestions
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

wrf1984
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by wrf1984 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 pm

I agree with ryanoceros & the inability to see the hole because of the golfer's head. Good mention.

Randy Fritz

grrbear
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by grrbear » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Also, sometimes the power bar overlaps the golfer's legs, making it hard to see the sweet spot.

golfdad
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by golfdad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Version 2.35:
Also like the new golfer guy, but I do agree with the above comments about the golfer's head and the power bar getting in the way. And I find it more than a bit disconcerting waiting for the golfer to swing until after the space bar (or mouse button) is released -- particularly for putting, where I depend more on the club's position than on the power bar. Would appreciate it if you could make the golfer swing simultaneously like the old floating club, or at least provide a setup option to turn it on or off (for those who might like the new way).

Great job. LOVE THE GAME !!

golfdad

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll add some menu options in 2.36 to customize the golfer. As for the delay I can't change that because it chooses a different animation based on how much power is added. At first I noticed this but after several rounds I got use to the new delay, maybe you all will too after a few more rounds

Jack Clark
Nuclear Nova Regular

Post by Jack Clark » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:43 am

GL GOLF figure.tiff
GL GOLF figure.tiff (99.74 KiB) Viewed 22090 times
Hi, Jake-

I like the new golfer, too, but he sure dresses funny. Is it only on my computer that he looks like that?

I've also notice the head-blocking-the-ball problem on long puts, but I see you're fixing that. I like the new Inverness course, too. Thank you once again for your continuing improvements and additions. :D

Jack

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Jack Clark wrote:
The attachment GL GOLF figure.tiff is no longer available
Hi, Jake-

I like the new golfer, too, but he sure dresses funny. Is it only on my computer that he looks like that?

I've also notice the head-blocking-the-ball problem on long puts, but I see you're fixing that. I like the new Inverness course, too. Thank you once again for your continuing improvements and additions. :D

Jack
Odd, below is how my golfer looks. What type of computer and version of Mac OS X are you running? Yep the new model improvements should help putting, I'm excited to get the new course out next month
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-12-21 at 2.02.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2011-12-21 at 2.02.28 PM.png (220.55 KiB) Viewed 22077 times

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Sapphie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:59 am

Hi Jake

My golfer also has a wacky dress sense! This is also true in the latest beta. My mac is a 2007 iMac, Radeon X1600 graphics card.

Lee