44 Under Par at Ashdown Country Club

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

44 Under Par at Ashdown Country Club

Post by ryanoceros » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Major Spoiler Alert! Don't watch video if you want to learn the game for yourself.

Now that the Tournament is over, I just thought I'd share a video showing the possibility, however remote, of getting a 44 Under Par at Ashdown Country Club.
The video is taken from Practice mode, showing a theoretical perfect, or near perfect, game at Ashdown Country Club. I strung together clips from each hole yielding at least an Eagle on every hole, and Double Eagles too, where possible.
I make no claim that the method I used is the best method on any hole. But this video should be adequate to inspire those who think it impossible to get a high score on the course, or other courses too.

The video is about 65 MB, and 10 minutes long.

https://files.me.com/ryanoceros/fx04oj.mov

Ryanoceros
:)

... edited to add ...

Did you know it's actually possible to get a 46 Under par at Ashdown Country Club?
... It's possible to get the hole in one on Hole #9 and #12. Both are very low probability events, but possible. On #9 you need at least a 4 mph tail wind and you need to aim near the rivers edge and use 5 Fade. On #12 you need to skip the ball off the water. Most of the time the ball will sink in the water, but occasionally it will skip off the water and onto the green. Aim the same as in the video, use 5 Draw, 1 Punch.
Last edited by ryanoceros on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: 44 Under Par at Ashdown Country Club

Post by Jake » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Ryan, thank you for that amazing video! At first I thought you meant you shot a 44, not 44 under par! Do you mind if I post this on YouTube under my nuclearnova account and post a link to it on the GL Golf page? If you have the original uncompressed video that would be awesome.

I've always wanted one of the better GL Golfers to post a video to show any skeptics how these great scores are possible. A good deal of that is luck but it proves that with enough dedication these courses can be finely tuned for very good scores. In the sequel to GL Golf it won't be so easy to score this will, but I have no intentions of making GL Golf anymore difficult.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ryanoceros » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Sure, you can post it.

I do have the original version too, but it's rather large, like 275 MB.
I'm not sure if my server will host something that large. I'll have to check and get back to you on that one.
Anyway, you can post the small version if you like.

I have a few others videos also, for different courses, showing the best score possible (Or near best) on those courses as well.
Augusta40UnderPar, EmeraldGreens40UnderPar, HardestHoles37UnderPar (PRO), IronWood36UnderPar, RockyGrove41UnderPar, SnowflakeRidge40UnderPar, WindingMeadows45UnderPar, BadgerPass37UnderPar ... and still making more.
I may post some of those at some point, but I don't want to spoil the game for everyone... nor give the competition all my secrets! ;)

Ryan

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Awesome! I have space on my web server, are you familiar with FTP?

I see what you mean about not posting, those are valuable for competing in future tournaments! We've almost made it through every course, so we'll start repeating them early next year
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by ryanoceros » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 pm

No, I'm clueless about FTP. A friend at another site recently tried to get me to do that, but I gave up quickly.
I'll check to see what the limit is for my mobileme account. If it will fit I will post it. But since it is so large it will take a hour or two to upload so I will have to do it sometime later this week. I'll post it here in this thread for you..

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:00 am

Sounds good, let me know. Last I knew MobileMe had 20GB of space, but who knows with iCloud being introduces (possibly even tomorrow!)

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by ryanoceros » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Yeah, 20 GB is the total storage space allowed, but that wasn't really a concern. I was just wondering what the limit for file sharing was, how large of an individual file can be shared.
Anyway, it's not an issue anymore. I successfully got it uploaded. Here's the link...

https://files.me.com/ryanoceros/cqogi7.mov

The file is about 262 MB and at a resolution of 800x600. That was the maximum resolution I could both record and play the game at the same time without the game becoming jittery.

Jake, feel free to post it.

Ryan

... Oh BTW, this link will only last 7 days, so get it while the getting is good :)

ps, I was just wondering, when will the latest version, 2.35, be released?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks, Uploaded - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eRtVhGRGc

2.35 should be out in beta in a week or two, and definitely out by the 20th for the tournament. The new golfer model isn't 100% finished yet so we're rushing to get that done in time.

ryanoceros
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by ryanoceros » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Excellent!
And thanks! ... I eagerly look forward to the new map and game changes. :)