Mac OS X 10.7 Lion issues

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tPet
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion issues

Post by tPet » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Updated to Lion a few days ago. For the most part, GL Golf 2.3.4 plays fine. However, I noticed a couple of things:

1) The text colors on the overlays are off (now darker - harder to read)

2) During the tournament, my scores weren't always posted at the end of a round. I would go back, and I'd get a message that I was still playing a round and had to Resume. When I did that, it would take me to the last hole and would have a tap in to hole out (even though to my memory that wasn't really my last shot) .. and of course it would add a shot to my score. I could only then go on to the next round.

3) Similar to above, none of my low-scores have been posted to the Best Rounds .. the global (internet) one, local scores are posted fine.

Anyway, thought you should know.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion issues

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:06 am

Hum, I'm not sure what's going on with the best rounds, maybe the internet submissions have changed in 10.7. I'll look into my server logs and try a few rounds myself before 2.35. As for the color, there is a menu-option to change the text color, give that a shot.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

tPet
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tPet » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

Actually, the best scores thing could have been a temporary server glitch. Did one last night and it posted as usual. So we're probably good there. If it happens again, I'll let you know.

Tried changing the colors .. everything is a but more "muted" than it should be.

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:37 am

tPet wrote:Actually, the best scores thing could have been a temporary server glitch. Did one last night and it posted as usual. So we're probably good there. If it happens again, I'll let you know.

Tried changing the colors .. everything is a but more "muted" than it should be.

Thanks.
Eventually I want to change the way the text is rendered, I want to use the same method that I use on my new games. When that happens the colors will be true.

Thanks, let me know if the server glitches again, I don't think anything in lion should be different but its always hard to tell
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

empedro
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by empedro » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi, I have been using GL Golf in a number of different versions for several years and recently bought the app from the Mac App Store.
I try to but more courses, but there is no response, no matter how many times I click on the extra course pack purchase links.
This is very irritating, it is certainly not the experience I previously encountered with GL Golf.
What must I do to get more courses? Is there some way to do so without using the links inside the app?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:43 pm

For some reason Apple approved the last GL Golf update without approving the in-app purchases! The new courses are in queue to be reviewed by Apple, so hopefully in the next few days they will be approved and you'll be able to download them. Keep an eye out for version 2.341, when that is available the new courses will be too. Sorry for the inconvenience,