GL Golf Submitting Score Issue

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JOEBIZ
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GL Golf Submitting Score Issue

Post by JOEBIZ » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:18 pm

I am using an Ipod 4G. Both, the GL Golf & GL GOlf Deluxe present me with the same problem. 9 out of 10 games, I am not given an chance to submit my score. On touch to continue, I touch and I get completely kicked out of the application. I select the Application again and try to "resume", I have to replay the 18th hole, and then I get kicked out again.
After playing the 18th hole, is there someting I am missing to be able to submit my score?
Also, on the few games I get to submit, a few strokes are added to my game when posted.
Any help for being able to submit my scores on every game will be greatly appreciated.
(I love this game!!!)

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf Submitting Score Issue

Post by Jake » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Sorry about this issue, I'm currently looking into it and should hopefully have it fixed for the next update next month.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

JOEBIZ
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by JOEBIZ » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Jake, I have been working on this problem and may have come across something that is working. My Ipod Touch 4G has the os v4.3.3. I RESET my Ipod and so far I am able to submit my scores most of the time.
I have also been using my older Ipod Touch 3G with the lates os v 4.2.1 and this Ipod will not allow me to submit my score and gives me the problem I first mentioned.
My summary, until my working with these units show something different, is the GL Golf will not work with the older Ipod Touch 3G. The Ipod Touch 4G, after resetting the unit, appears to be working for the time being.
Later.... and THanks!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:50 am

Thanks for the additional info, that should be useful in figuring out the root cause of the problem
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

JOEBIZ
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by JOEBIZ » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Jake, I confirmed my last observation for the Ipod Touch Units.
The older Ipod Touch 3g with the latest OS 4.2.1 NEVER allows me to submit my score on any course I play, It always drops out of the game.

The newer Ipod Touch 4g with the latest OS 4.3.3 is working perfectly and I have been able to submit my score on every course. If anyone has any problem with the 4g unit, they only need to "RESET" the unit.
I also found out that after I submit my score, I can go to the main menu and select "RESUME" play, putt one more time and submit my score again and again, increasing the stroke count by one each time and listing my name all along the left column. (I have not qualified for the right column yet.) I am not sure you want this to occur once the game has been completed.
Hope this helps you.
Thanks, Joe

JOEBIZ
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by JOEBIZ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 pm

JAKE, I JUST GOT YOUR LATEST UPDATE TO GL GOLF. MY OLDER IPOD TOUCH 3G NOW LETS ME SUBMIT MY SCORE! GOOD JOB...NOW FOR GL GOLF PRO UPDATE....
I WILL MENTION AT THIS TIME, WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE BEST ROUNDS ON THE IRON WOOD COURSE, ON ALL THREE LEVELS, NORMAL, EXPERT, AND PRO DESCRIBES THE COURSE AS BEING A 9 HOLE COURSE. THIS OCCURES IN BOTH THE REGULAR GL GOLF AND THE PRO VERSION.

THANKS,
JOE

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm glad it's working now! Iron Wood has the same 9 holes repeated twice