BadgerPass,Tournament-Round 2, problem

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mister G
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BadgerPass,Tournament-Round 2, problem

Post by Mister G » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 am

Jake,

On the 17th hole of my 2nd round, Badger Pass tournament, my iMac had a kernel panic and froze, my only option to hold power button to shut down. When I went back into GL golf to see if I could resume, I chose badger pass and it put me on hole 17, but making me replay the shot I had just made, and apparently this was then counted as a mulligan because when I finished the round it wouldn't let me submit my score "due to mulligans." It was a pretty lousy round 2, I only shot a 5 under (pesky alternate hole locations!), so not the end of the world, but....now what? It lists me as having completed round 2 but I can't post it. Is there a way for me to continue in the tournament?

I've attached an image of what happened, part of which I took with a digi camera because my iMac was frozen at the time.

Mister G
Attachments
Badger,rd2, problem,12-22-10.jpg
Badger,rd2, problem,12-22-10.jpg (99.01 KiB) Viewed 10102 times

Jake
Site Admin

Re: BadgerPass,Tournament-Round 2, problem

Post by Jake » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Ah thats too bad about the kernel panic, when GL Golf crashes it often loses some of the tournament information and resuming the round doesn't always work. I went ahead and manually added your second round, but for the third and fourth you'll have to just start a new round from the main menu and email me the score cards. Make sure to use the alternate tee locations on the third round, and for the fourth use the alternate tee and alternate hole locations. Good luck!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Mister G
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mister G » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks Jake,

Yeah kernel panics blow, been having them every 2 weeks or so, sometimes when just surfing net with safari, I read some advice at apple forums about possible solutions, such as making sure my ram is firmly seated. I'll look into it after holidays. I'll try to get my last 2 rounds in and get you the results before I leave outta town for holidays tomorrow, though it looks like DS has a pretty solid lead. thanks again, Merry Xmas, Mister G

Mister G
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Mister G » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Jake,

Here's my scorecard for Round 3, played with alternate tee locations. I tried out the alt. tee locations in practice mode, and then played Badger with alternate tees and am here posting that first and only game I played for my 3rd round (just to keep it fair!).

Thanks for helping out, Mister G
Attachments
MrG,Badger,Round3,AltTees,12-23-10,3pm.jpg
MrG,Badger,Round3,AltTees,12-23-10,3pm.jpg (107.78 KiB) Viewed 10089 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:02 pm

Got it, good luck on the last round and merry christmas!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal