Am I the Only One?

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
quantumzoomer
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Am I the Only One?

Post by quantumzoomer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:45 pm

A few weeks ago I updated my Mac software to 10.6.4 and also my "Golf" at the same time. Since then I have been unable to see any text on the golf game screen, just a blank box. I have re-loaded and done the re-preference thing and gone back to old copies of golf all to no avail. Jake tells me I'm the only one? I have tried everything I could think of. Imac 27 with 10.6.4. If I can't find a solution, I'm going to have to dump it and find something else to waste time on...hahaha. :(

tPet
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Am I the Only One?

Post by tPet » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 pm

I'm getting this intermittently with the new 2.30 version .. sometimes the text is there ... sometimes not.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:53 pm

tPet, does this happen on the first startup for you, or after you finish a round or two?
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

tPet
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by tPet » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm

First up ... and sometimes .. if I quit the course and go back .. it's there. Seems to be some type of screen redraw issue.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks to one of our users, we may have a fix. Font Book can validate and remove any bad or duplicate fonts, here is some info from an apple support document.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html ... b1003.html
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

quantumzoomer
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by quantumzoomer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Well, I went to font book and I solved all my duplicates and problems and I threw out the old golf preferences and I reloaded everything and did the new download, and...nada...still no type.....sheeeeeesh...all I did was upgrade Snow Leopard and Golf and....it is a very challenging game when played without any help but the large mini map.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Ah thats too bad, this bug just keeps getting more weird! I'll keep looking, and at least your fonts are all set now

tPet
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by tPet » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 pm

I just downloaded the second iteration of 2.30 and in addition to the menu issue (other topic) it seems this problem went away as well (at least for me).

quantumzoomer
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by quantumzoomer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED....just on a lark...I just did a restart knowing sometimes things aren't really resolved until a restart flushes them away and EUREKA! I have TYPOGRAPHY! So, somehow, most likely by Mac skullduggery in a Snow Leopard upgrade, font gremlins were loosed upon my computer and being gremlins, there was mischief afoot. I found about twenty fonts with problems. One of them must have been connected to GL Golf. Just remember to restart your computer before giving up! Let me see here just to make sure...yep I'm smiling....still there. Thanks Jake!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks for the update, that's great news!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue May 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Another update - Try this font update through Apple, it has helped a few users fix this issue - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1377