Irksome error on the score card . . .

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jack Clark
Nuclear Nova Regular
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Irksome error on the score card . . .

Post by Jack Clark » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:42 am

Hi, Jake-

First, a big thanks for a whole lot of golf fun. I play real golf and it surprises me how good a substitute GL Golf can be when I have limited time. The emphases are not always the same, but the bottom line has the feel of the real game.

Regarding the score card: This is a small point, but after the first nine holes, the red box on the score card should say "OUT", not "IN". And after the second nine holes, it should say "IN", not "OUT." I know you say you don't play real golf much, but--honest--that's the way it is. You first play "OUT", i.e., away from the club house, then you come back "IN." Real score cards read this way even if you do come back to the club house after nine holes--that's just the way it is!

Edit: I just noticed that you have it right on the scorecards in the Preview feature, so it just must be an oversight on the game scorecard that appears at the end of a round. -JHC

I know this is an awfully small style point, but it's got to be super easy to fix, right?

Thanks, again, for a great game.

Jack Clark
Idyllwild, California

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Irksome error on the score card . . .

Post by Jake » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Jack,

I think you must have an old version of the game, because for several versions now after the 9th hole is has said out and after the 18th it says in. Do you know what version you are running?

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm always looking to fix little things like that. I'm glad you're enjoying the game, I'm very happy with how the pace of the game turned out.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jack Clark
Nuclear Nova Regular
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jack Clark » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi, Jake-

The menu page says the version is 2.24. And when I click on Check for Updates, it tells me that I am up to date with version 2.241.

I thought I did have the latest version. I'm subscribed up through course no. 32, but maybe that's a different thing.

So . . . what do I need to do?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 pm

I'm not sure why the auto-update isn't getting you the game, but the current version is 2.28, I'll PM you a link to download
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jack Clark
Nuclear Nova Regular

Post by Jack Clark » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:31 am

Thanks, Jake, that fixed it.