Hitting invisible trees

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hitting invisible trees

Post by kjb723369051 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

My friend and I played Beauregard course this evening and we both hit invisible trees on #5 - second shot on the left side of the fareway.
It also happened on hole #9 first hit off of tee on Badgar Pass course.
We noticed trees were missing in some areas, but hitting invisible trees also. Has this happend to anyone else?
Karen

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Hitting invisible trees

Post by Jake » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 am

I've had a few reports of this, but I can never recreate it.

Are you near any tree when you hit? Sometimes if you fly over a tree it can bug.

Were there any trees on the level at all? I've had a few people say that the level would load with no trees visible randomly once every few rounds, but I can't ever recreate the bug.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by kjb723369051 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Jake,
No, there were no trees in sight when we hit the ball on either course.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if it was on the level. There were no trees on the level ground. We were playing the game in Normal mode, but it also happened in the expert mode on hole #5 on Beauregard course.

Karen

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Oh sorry, I'm use to saying level for my other games, I meant to say hole.

Thanks for the info, I think I know what is happening to some people now I just don't know how to recreate the bug or fix it. I'll keep looking, until then you can double check the mini map if you are suspicious of an invisible tree.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member

Still hitting invisible trees

Post by kjb723369051 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Jake,

I played Morrowsfield course tonight. I have never hit so many invisible trees, particularly on #8, 12 and 15. Something has been changed in the last update. There are many trees visibly missing now but apparently are still in the game somhow. Sometimes they are visible on the mini map.
It's rather frustrating.
Karen

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Still hitting invisible trees

Post by Jake » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Next time you suspect invisible trees, can you try to save and then resume the game? That will reload the level and may make the tree show.

Sorry, I wish I could recreate the bug to fix it, but I can't make my trees invisible. I'll keep looking

kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by kjb723369051 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Jake,
Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your suggestion of saving the game and then went to resume, but the trees didn't appear.
I re- downloaded 2.28 update again to see iif that would help but it didn't. I still have 2.27 on my computer and the trees are all very visible on hole # 8 of Morrowsfield for example. Any other suggestions.
Thanks,
Karen

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Hum, no suggestions right now, I'll keep looking though. It must have to do with the new extra evergreen model that was added to 2.28, as shown in the attached screenshot. I'd keep a copy of 2.27 around until we find a solution.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-02-16 at 3.40.22 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-02-16 at 3.40.22 PM.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 32463 times

kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by kjb723369051 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 am

Jake,

Thanks for the screenshot of Morrowsfield #8. The new exra evergreen model must be the problem. That style of tree is not visible at all on this course and some of the other courses I mentioned before on my computer. I will continue to use 2.27 until tournament time.
Karen

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Karen, can you upload a screenshot for version 2.28 on morrows field hole 8? To take a screenshot of a window press command-shift-4, then drag over the window. This forum has an option to upload a file when you post, so that's probably the easiest way.

I have a few ideas of what it could be, but a screenshot might help me confirm/reject those ideas. Thanks,

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks to Karen's screenshot that she emailed me, I was able to fix the missing tree problem for anybody running in Medium quality mode. Same download links in case any of you need the fix, if not then just stick with your current version of 2.28.

kjb723369051
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by kjb723369051 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Jake,
I just downloaded 2-28 again and YEY it worked. All of the big new trees are there. Thanks so much for the quick fix.
Karen

caboose
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by caboose » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:15 pm

I had my 1st invisible tree today on the 8th of Breaker's Coast. I THOUGHT that the hole looked different, but I thought, 'Nah, it must be me...' , and then I swung...

gpfw
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by gpfw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:36 pm

kjb723369051 wrote:Jake,

I played Morrowsfield course tonight. I have never hit so many invisible trees, particularly on #8, 12 and 15. Something has been changed in the last update. There are many trees visibly missing now but apparently are still in the game somhow. Sometimes they are visible on the mini map.
It's rather frustrating.
Karen
I agree with Karen. Even now on GL Classic, 9th hole and invisible tree came up.
G

gpfw
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by gpfw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I will no longer play Morrows Field which is a pity because it is a nice course, but for the #@!^^ invisible trees. Ya never know, but tonight is was holes 6 & 8, and then quit out of frustration. Let me know when this gets fixed.
G

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 am

Are you running the most recent version of GL Golf?

gpfw
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by gpfw » Mon May 03, 2010 11:15 pm

have 2.29 version
G

williemyers
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by williemyers » Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

gpfw wrote:
kjb723369051 wrote:Jake, I agree with Karen. Even now on GL Classic, 9th hole and invisible tree came up.
G
for me (running 2.29), 9th Hole/GLClassic/summer/Expert, if I aim even one "arrow-click" to the right of "suggested", I hit the phantom tree every time (and in the drink!). If I hit "suggested", no tree....

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Can you send a screenshot (command-shift-3), here is what mine looks like. I see the tree but going over it can sometimes cause the ball to drop, so I wouldn't recommend trying to go directly over many trees until it's fixed -
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-05-04 at 5.40.17 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-05-04 at 5.40.17 PM.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 32332 times

williemyers
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by williemyers » Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 am

Jake, here ya go.
Attachments
hole 9.tiff
hole 9.tiff (90.25 KiB) Viewed 32328 times